Paid online retailer with debit card through paypal

rich67tx
New Community Member

I recently made a purchase online.  When asked to pay I did NOT pay with my paypal acccount, I instead paid with my debit account.

I then received the order complete page and I was told that I would be receiving an email with the invoice information.  I never received this.  I have checked my account and I see the paypal withdrawal.  I tried calling the retailer and busy signal.  I tried emailing the retailer and returned email.  I tried sending an email to there website support and returned email.  I google mapped the address and I found a run down old house.

If this ends up not being a legitimate retailer do paypal assist in a refund as it was made through paypal but with my debit card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rich67tx 

Did you receive a PayPal receipt email with a receipt ID number on it? If not, then dispute it with your card issuer. That is if and when the payment is a posted charge and not a pending temporary charge.

If you do have the receipt ID number, contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.