Paid money, no merchandise received, Paypal sided with seller, dismissed my case

uncletheoden
Contributor
Contributor

On October 13 I ordered an item from an internet "seller" who had hijacked a legitimate company's website and offered the item at a substantial discount.  I ordered it, my PP account charged my credit card, and the seller sent "proof of delivery that same day."  The USPS tracking number was valid....but was for an item I had ordered from another seller on October 2.  That item was delivered on October 13.  It was delivered to my mailbox.  The item I ordered from this scammer weighed 28.5 lbs and measured 16'x9'x11''.....impossible for a mailbox deliverey.  This was clearly a fraudulent transaction, yet PayPal decided in favor of the seller!  Moral of the story:  PayPal cannot be trusted to do a thorough job of investigating fraud.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Belcast
New Community Member
Same happened to me. Trying to dispute and appeal but it’s kit allowing me to
Login to Me Too

uncletheoden
Contributor
Contributor

The way I found to communicate with them is to go to their Feedback page, type in the case number and give them additional information.  So far, working with this outfit is like holding a cupful of oil in your bare hand and not spilling it.  I am about ready to cancel my account with them.

Login to Me Too

MoJazzMusic
New Community Member

i saw a seller from South Australia with absurdly low prices for musical equipment, but i don't want to ignore it

because they may be getting direct from China prices. They only take PayPal which is another reason

i thought they might be legit. However, they gave a nonexistent email as their contact.  I thought perhaps

if i ordered an item (most around $70-80) and i didn't receive it-then like Amazon and Ebay i would not

be charged by PayPal, but now i'm spooked because your experience is dismaying. If they had some

very low-priced items i would just take my chances and buy one and see-but not for $70-80. suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.