Paid for an item, seller says payments pending there side

specialk7162
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm after some advise. I purchased an item on selling app shpock, seller wanted me to pay via PayPal me, but I said no as I wanted it to go through as goods and services so I was protected under paypal. seller said that the payment was showing as pending there side even though it's left my paypal and showing as paid. They need the money to be able to post it to me, is there anyway I can get my money back as I don't feel confident this seller is going to send my item

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@specialk7162

The funds are pending on seller side likely because their incoming payments are subject to PayPal's 21 day hold. They are supposed to have some capital or funds on hand to ship your item to you and not run their business, roughshod, payment by payment. This is why PayPal does these holds hopefully to weed out weak sellers, at least imho. If 7 days have passed (you have 180 days from date of payment to file so you can wait a little longer) and you have not received a tracking number that the item is shipped, locate the payment transaction in your account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to open an Item Not Received dispute. TIP: I wouldn't inform them that you're going to file a dispute. You can ask for tracking number in a matter-of-fact way after the wait as there's no need to get angry about it and then just file the dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@specialk7162

The funds are pending on seller side likely because their incoming payments are subject to PayPal's 21 day hold. They are supposed to have some capital or funds on hand to ship your item to you and not run their business, roughshod, payment by payment. This is why PayPal does these holds hopefully to weed out weak sellers, at least imho. If 7 days have passed (you have 180 days from date of payment to file so you can wait a little longer) and you have not received a tracking number that the item is shipped, locate the payment transaction in your account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to open an Item Not Received dispute. TIP: I wouldn't inform them that you're going to file a dispute. You can ask for tracking number in a matter-of-fact way after the wait as there's no need to get angry about it and then just file the dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.