Paid for a iPhone, received a piece of paper

BivolDumitru
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I saw a item on ebay, made a offer to seller and he accepted my offer but only to make payment outside ebay, directly on Paypal. I agreed because price was good, seller had 76 positive feedback, everything seems to be fine.

He sent me a invoice on paypal with this description : iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 128gb (Unlocked)
Fully working , no repairs , usb cable , charger , headphones & box included (Imei : 353816082890858 S/N: F2MSRVBSHFYD)

We discussed on whatsapp, everything was ok, i paid, he shared a tracking number next day.

Today i got the parcel and i had emotions from the moment i saw in the hand of courier only a small leter, this was the parcel.

I have contacted seller, ofcourse no answer.

I recored the unbox video of the parcel with all details, paypal transcation, ebay listing, whole conversation on whatsapp, everything is the video. I even shared my ID card to prove that i'm ok and seller is the one who scammed me.

Now the question is , i am eligible for Buyer Protection ? From what i have read on other topics it says yes. If seller does not answer, should i escalate the dispute to paypal ?

Please help, i've had problems with sellers before on ebay but getting a piece of paper saying " Good Luck "  it's another level...'

Thank you very much ! 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

mking007
Contributor
Contributor
Yes raise straight away with PayPal and I if it was me I would call the police as well on 101.
Login to Me Too

BivolDumitru
Contributor
Contributor

Seller is from UK, i'm from Romania.

What police should i call ? The UK one ? I have no ideea what to do, i have opened a dispute on paypal and hope they will help me. If seller does not reply today tomorrow i will escalte this to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

mking007
Contributor
Contributor
Escalate to PayPal straight away it will freeze there PayPal account. Action fraud UK (part of the UK police would be best to report it). Did you pay via credit card using PayPal? If you did they might help at getting your money back as a charge back.
Login to Me Too

BivolDumitru
Contributor
Contributor

I paid using a debit card, not sure if bank can help me on this. I willl call them.

I will escalate this to PayPal then...hopefully they will help me 😞

Login to Me Too

JKDOS
Contributor
Contributor

In the past, you would have been okay. Nowadays, PayPal protects only the seller. You will have to mail the "paper" back to the seller, and if the seller doesn't accuse you of cheating him, you can possible get a refund minus the cost of shipping.

Login to Me Too

BivolDumitru
Contributor
Contributor

But i have proofs that seller didn't sent the Iphone to me...he sent a piece of paper....:|

Login to Me Too

BivolDumitru
Contributor
Contributor

Updates : 14.08

I escalated the case, seller did not replied in the case.Paypal said to wait until 13.08 but i see its 14.08 and i still did not got any updates.

Is this normal ? I have read on internet that if the seller does not reply in the case, the case is closed in the buyer favor...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.