Paid for Ebay item direct from bank account registered with Paypal

Aidan_S
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I hope I am posting in the correct section. If not please move. Thanks.

So I had no credit in my Paypal account and paid for an item straight from my bank account. In total I paid 140 Euros so not exactly small change for me. The item arrived today the 25th and paid for on the 11th of January.

It's a CPU and was DOA. Computer wouldn't post so I went through the usual diagnosing but no joy. After five hours of this I contacted the seller who has 100% feedback to say the CPU didn't work and explained the steps I'd gone through. No response.

Shortly after and upon much closer inspection .i.e a 10x zoom on the rear of the CPU you could plainly see that a transistor had burred out. I took pictures and set them to the seller. No response.

Do I have any come back. There is no trace of the transaction on my Paypal account and not much info on my bank statement other than I'd paid the amount. Is there anything I can do to open a dispute via Paypal. The seller has no buyer protection on Ebay and I'm worried.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thank You 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aidan_S 

Sorry but i thought all Ebay purchases were covered for 30 days?

If you find the transaction in your my ebay then you get contact options for the seller, make sure you click on 'more' and make sure you choose the one that says the item is faulty...that way you should get a shipping label paid for by the seller for any return.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aidan_S
Contributor
Contributor

Hey.

No, that option has been removed from Ebay. In fact, there is very little in the way of help from Ebay nor Paypal. Where is my protection when I need it. The Payment shows up on my Bank account as a Paypal payment but yet there is noting on my actual Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.