Paid an seller, he claim to lost package before shipping & rather than refund me he told to claim it

samp12

hello,

i recently bought 2 pair item from seller and he took my money and today he send me message that he lost my package by accidentally leaving outside  while leaving home and he remembered that and by time he got home it was  stolen/lost.

So seller never shipped item nor paid for any kind of shipping. He  just claim he was about to go to post office to ship it ,but he lost the packages before shipping rather than refunding my money directly. he claim i need to go PayPal and open case there.

why cant the seller will refund me my money and rather he claims i need to go to paypal and open case there. now the credit card bill as rolled over and i pay force to pay it off before my due date for something i dont have nor an shipping company has lost it. its supposedly lost by the seller.

please someone from paypal contact me to help me expedite this case i have open. i have screenshots of the converstations and the seller is also claiming he will help paypal in claim and help me get my money back as he lost it and he accepts it thats its his fault.  but no far i have heard nothing from the seller nor paypal. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samp12

Seller is weird and sketchy. Wouldn't be surprised if he'll try it on by providing some fake tracking number at some point during the dispute but we'll see. Locate the payment transaction in your account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to open an Item Not Received dispute. The seller should be able to go into the payment transaction details by clicking the transaction and click "Refund this payment". If the dispute is not ruled in your favor, file a chargeback with your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

samp12

hello, 

yes that is same answer about being sketchy seller, i have got from all my friends.

so i have open the case today in early morning after getting his message.

what is mind blowing is seller is accepting the fact and keep repeating to me that he lost it and he will help paypal in case and pay them back he said. which is so weird to me. like can you not just pay me by refunding money back. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.