Package shows "Delivered", but I never got anything. Do I have a chance at a successful dispute?

shanengai
Contributor
Contributor
Bought a laptop for $1425 from a private seller. UPS said it was "Delivered", but I didn't get anything. Seller didn't require a signature even though it's a $1000+ purchase. Am I covered under Buyer Protection?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

shanengai
Contributor
Contributor

Update; seller refunded my purchase after I filed a dispute. Delivery signature is required for all items valued at $750 or more for any Seller Protection.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shanengai 

Not necessarily. Delivered tracking status protects the seller even if you didn't receive item. Did you check with UPS whether the address has your street address? Some scammers ship to nearby street addresses to get out of shipping you the item you ordered. If not, you'll need official documentation from UPS's fraud dept saying that the address on the package is not your shipping address. Plus file a police and ic3.gov report, then pdf all this info and upload to your dispute. If PayPal still denies your claim and you paid with credit card, you may invoke your credit card chargeback rights and dispute with them exclusively to resolve it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

shanengai
Contributor
Contributor
Don't packages exceeding a certain amount require a valid signature upon pickup for it to be a valid delivery? I checked the address, it's the correct shipping address. I don't think the seller is a scammer, I think that someone new at UPS might have taken advantage of the fact that there was no signature required upon delivery. Heard from other drivers that they hired tons of new people for the holidays. I've already filed a UPS claim. I'm just waiting on an update, which is taking forever. Thanks for your response, really appreciate it.
Login to Me Too
Solved

shanengai
Contributor
Contributor

Update; seller refunded my purchase after I filed a dispute. Delivery signature is required for all items valued at $750 or more for any Seller Protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.