Package shows delivered but is missing.

icuicy
New Community Member

Hi so I bought a used laptop from a electronics recycler two weeks ago. my package was arriving way earlier as planed so I tried to get FedEx to hold it at a print and ship.

To my surprise the seller restricted that option so I asked if they could have it held on their end. Seller didn't respond for a day and the package arrived at around 1:00 PM the following day and I got home around 1:20 PM to find my package not on my doorstep.

I contacted the seller and they said "we've done our part, there's nothing we can do sorry." Called FedEx to open a claim and they told me to get in touch with the seller. Well the seller isn't cooperating very well.

eBay case was automatically closed because tracking shows "Delivered"

I'm kinda stumped as to what to do next. The laptop is valued at $170 but without insurance the max liability is $100 right?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@icuicy 

The seller could help you file a claim with the postal service that they used to try and get you a refund but if they won't then your only option is to file a chargeback via your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way. Whilst its not the sellers responsibility as they have sent it trackable and its been delivery any good seller would assist you in making a claim with the postal service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.