PS5

Judoplayer
New Community Member
Has anyone purchased anything from a person advertising on Facebook? He/she was selling gaming consoles. Supposedly going out of business. When I made the purchase I was thinking I was doing a stupid thing. I have no product and the money has been taken out of my bank account. I’ve tried to email this person to no avail. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Judoplayer 

How did you pay ie which paypal option?

How did you fund the paypal payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RobbieL24s
Contributor
Contributor
i’ve unfortunately had the same problem, seller provided fake tracking info and i’m out £480 and a ps5
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobbieL24s 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RobbieL24s
Contributor
Contributor
hi, i’m currently in an ongoing claim with the seller, he’s blocked me on everything so i’m unable to contact him and it’s been about 2 days since the claim started, yesterday i received a card from royal mail stating i had missed a delivery but the seller didn’t notify me of this, the card said that it had been delivered to my neighbour no.14 but no one lives at no.14, the seller may use this against me and i will lose the claim, what should i do??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.