PP blocked all payments and asked for identity check

Relhby
Contributor
Contributor

I was asked to prove my identity with passport copies, which i immediately sent.
I understand the importance of this measure, but why block all my customers payments, and freeze my business
till waiting when PayPal responds.. Very frustrating, especially after having business with PayPal for 10 years already.

Now i have "Thank you for providing the required information.

We will get back to you within 30 business days"

Awesome, 30 working days of frozen payments, out of the blue

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Relhby 

Something in your activity triggered security and PayPal has to verify that you are who you say you are and need to know more about your business model and payments. They may have a backlog. They block features to make sure you comply with the requests and satisfied that everything is ok before letting you continue to use services. If there is a request you can fulfill, write a note to explain why, pdf it and upload to the specific request.

If you do any significant type of transactions, it may be better to upgrade to a business account as “individual” and select revenue you expect to make and adjust as you grow in the account settings, than use a personal account. Personal account is for casual selling.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Relhby 

Something in your activity triggered security and PayPal has to verify that you are who you say you are and need to know more about your business model and payments. They may have a backlog. They block features to make sure you comply with the requests and satisfied that everything is ok before letting you continue to use services. If there is a request you can fulfill, write a note to explain why, pdf it and upload to the specific request.

If you do any significant type of transactions, it may be better to upgrade to a business account as “individual” and select revenue you expect to make and adjust as you grow in the account settings, than use a personal account. Personal account is for casual selling.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.