PP Careu Scam/Missing Items and Info?

jajiscar
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 3 gift items from a website in May 2020 that never sent me a receipt or tracking information. After 3 weeks, I finally checked PayPal account for information and found it was PP Careu, then was able to email the vendor directly asking for receipt (which I have still never received) and tracking number. I received a tracking number from a company I have never heard of from China that showed no data, and the package was sent to an incomplete address, not the address I have listed in PayPal. When I inquired with PP Careu about the lack of tracking data, they told me to wait a day or two for the information to process on the website (reminder at this point I ordered the items over 3 weeks prior). Lo and behold, the next day I checked again and it said the package was delivered several days ago, before my original inquiry, which it wasn't, and to the incomplete address. This timing seemed dubious. After many back and forths with the seller, who also provided a second USPS tracking number that led to no information, I filed a dispute with PayPal.

Of all the packages I have ever ordered via PayPal they all arrive, because the seller 1. provides receipt and tracking, as well as updates and 2. sends to my complete and correct address that I have listed in PayPal. PP Careu did neither of these items. 

I've since looked at PayPayl message boards and see this seller has been highly problematic for a while. I'm disappointed PayPal doesn't monitor this more closely, or side with consumers on what seems very much like a scam. PayPal has closed my case and sided with the seller, and I don't know how to get it reopened or escalate this. Advice appreciated!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.