POSSIBLY SCAMMED? floweorskrf.com (baseball swing trainer)

AlexLV702
Contributor
Contributor

I saw this baseball swing trainer (ad on social media) for about $30. Looked perfect for my 8 year old son who loves baseball. But sounded really cheap cause i have seen something similar on Amazon for $150. I purchased it, and received a confirmation email. But i do not see a tracking number and i have not received any response from the emails i sent them. 

I admit, i do tend to be a little impatient. But my kid is excited and now I hope this wasnt a scam. 

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? And what should i do? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlexLV702 

Another of these???

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.
If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

El_Chain
Contributor
Contributor

I bought the same baseball swing trainer on 5/31/2021 and have not received the item.  I received an email with a bogus tracking #.  I was skeptical from buying from an ad on <removed>.  The ad said 72 hours shipping and came up as <removed> on the charge to my credit card.  Hope we're not both suckers 🙂  Let me know if you have any resolution.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

AlexLV702
Contributor
Contributor

no disrespect....but ya, I believe we're both suckers. Which makes me even more upset! FIRST TIME I ever fell for something like this! 

Login to Me Too

El_Chain
Contributor
Contributor

So I guess the lesson from this is to never buy anything from an ad.  This was my first time doing this....but lesson learned.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.