PLEASE HELP! : Seller asking me to pay for

anshul90
Contributor
Contributor

Hi People,

I really hope you are able to help me!! 

I was invoiced an agreed fee of SGD 3300 by a seller to provide me with a bridal outfit from her collection. And i paid! 

Now, the seller got an auto transfer of the amount and had to incur a drop in funds received in their bank account because of currency exchange rate by PayPal. The seller is now demanding that I compensate her for those funds lost due to the exchange rate by paying extra (using another mode of payment method), or if I do not wish to, she has said that she will provide a sub-standard job on the outfit, which is totally unacceptable and putting me in a predicament.

I feel like I am being put in an uncomfortable situation where If I don't pay more than the promised sum, I would not get the service I was promised before I made payment.

Why is a buyer to pay for fees that the seller incurs due to them transferring funds to their account? From the user agreement, it is clearly indicated that this is to be absorbed by the sellers. From all my time with PayPal (and I’ve trusted PayPal with all my heart all these years), I have never encountered a situation where I have been asked to pay for an exchange rate/bank transfer fee.

Please advise me on what I can do now? 

Thank you!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi @anshul90,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with your purchase. 

In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement, sellers shouldn't ask buyers to compensate them for any surcharges incurred. If the seller is not ready to provide you with a bridal outfit you paid for, you may want to request a refund by following the steps listed here: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq406. If the seller won't refund your money, you have 180 days from the date you paid for your item to file a dispute. Here's how to file a dispute: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq1344.

I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.