PLEASE HELP!!! I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!

florfat1618
New Community Member

I'm having problem with my account and wish to eliminate my business settings as merchant. In other words, I'm a minor (underage of 18) that is recognized as a merchant and I want to undo that so that I can have a regular paypal account not a business one. I have tried multiple things from trying to complete my business account so that I could delete it (it was out of the question) to simply going to "profile and settings" then "my settings" so that I could delete the business account. However, whenever I go to "my settings" it appears "Sorry, please try again.". Please help me fix this and no I did not fully finish the Business setup. Also my main concern is to stop being acknowledged as a Merchant. Again, please help me and thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Donna

Hello florfat1618,

Thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

AFAIK the only real difference is that you could accept payments from Credit Cards with a business acct

personal account can only accept monies from family & friends.

Some how my PayPal account morphed into a business account, I don't notice any difference other then being offered a PayPal Debit Card so I can take out $$ or make purchases . it's NOT a Credit Card it's a Debit so the withdrawals & purchases made with the card can ONLY draw from my PayPal balance.

anyway I understand the account is for use by a minor BUT it has been my experience that I have not noticed any difference since it was ungraded to a Business account.. 

You can call PayPal to actually speak to someone just Logon to your PayPal account then go here

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us    Then Click on Account profile and set up  -- Then click on NAME CHANGE-- then on the very bottom right-hand of the page you will see CALL US click on CALL US  & a PHONE NUMBER ALONG WITH A PIN# will appear that will allow you to actually speak with a LIVE HUMAN!! LoL

I hope that helps.. but like I said I have NOT noticed any difference with my acct since it became a business account

GOOD LUCK

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @florfat1618,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered difficulty with changing your account type. As Donna mentioned, downgrading an account is something that requires intervention by a customer service teammate.

One thing I would like to point out is that use of any account through PayPal as a minor is prohibited by the PayPal User Agreement. If your account is currently free from limitation, the best course of action would be to close it immediately to avoid a limitation. If you are able to close it, you will be able to open a new one when you have turned 18, using the same email address if you choose to do so. If the account becomes limited due to the violation of the User Agreement, that will cause complications later, including the inability to use the same email address on a new account.

For more information about the terms of the PayPal User Agreement, please click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.