PAYPAL seem to be allowing SCAMS from companies in China like Sihe Trading Ltd.

Ashmount10
Contributor
Contributor

I paid through PayPal for an couple wall mounted cat beds, unaware they were coming from China. The items I received were totally different from those I ordered, they were cat beds made of foam that would cost £5 at most7517810C-09A3-4C6C-AC38-580A5A249A9B.jpeg923A3B44-CB30-4C13-859E-A66AEEC27E1A.jpeg. I filed a dispute with PayPal and they have said I need to send the itemS back to China within 10 days for a refund.
It will cost me more than the £39 that the item cost to send it back. I have tried to get in touch with PayPal my phone by texting and emails and I’ve had no luck. I am absolutely disgusted that PayPal or allowing these scams to go on unchallenged it would appear.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Nika12
Contributor
Contributor
Similar situation dealing with and I am also shocked paypal is doing business with such companies. I ordered a wig and the website appeared to have a UK address and phone number so I thought it was coming from there. Only for it to.be china, I was **bleep** because I would never have ordered a wig from china.
Login to Me Too

Eric163
Contributor
Contributor

They tried this with me. I called Paypal directly, and after saying "customer service" over and over again, finally talked to a human. She tried to tell me I had to send it back to China, and I explained to her that wasn't happening, because it cost more than the product itself. (Shipping from China to U.S. is WAY cheaper than shipping from U.S. to China). She held her ground, and I told her loudly I wanted to talk to her supervisor. I was on hold for about 60 seconds, then she got back on and said "I have been authorized to give you a full refund, and you don't have to return the product."  I had a credit on my card the next day. Call Paypal directly. This is the only way to get your money back. 

Login to Me Too

Nika12
Contributor
Contributor
Thatsba great idea and exactly what I intended to do. Thank u so much
Login to Me Too

KJO314
Contributor
Contributor

I guess we were foolish to think that the companies that they allow to use their service are legit. Such a runaround from PayPal to do the right thing. Just refund our money or, give us a credit to our account and go after them yourselves... then - REMOVE them!

Login to Me Too

Nika12
Contributor
Contributor
I guess i thought paypal would be only doing business with legitimate companies. Its unfair to consumers, we are trusting paypal as a service to provide legal trade and services and yet that isn't the case. Lesson learned Paypal is so wrong for making us go through hoops, knowing the seller doesn't want to refund the money. Disappointed with Paypal
Login to Me Too

KJO314
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue! I thought that if they were a PayPal customer that they must be a legit company.... wrong. Like everyone else Paypal is in it for the money and no customer service

Login to Me Too

Nika12
Contributor
Contributor
Yep I addressed this with PayPal, reminding them that the whole reason we use their service is because we are expecting them to prevent and only do business with legit folks. Call them and insist you want a refund asap, I had to do that a finally got it. The so called company is going to give you a run around
Login to Me Too

Temp20201214bq
Contributor
Contributor
same! i was scammed by bayerserestocollars.com
Login to Me Too

Eric163
Contributor
Contributor

I've learned that ads on Facebook especially are at least 50% scams. These scam companies change the website name, change the product (pet toys, kids' stuff, tech things, etc.), but the con remains the same. Get you to order something, then deliver you something worth about 1/10th the value, and dare you you to return it, knowing you won't. If I see something I like on a Facebook ad, then I search for it on Ebay, where you actually have repercussions if you **bleep** over a consumer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.