PAYPAL closed my billing dispute in error.

pspatola563
New Community Member

I opened a dispute for an item I never received from the seller. I put all the relevant information in it but it looks as if PAYPAL totally ignored everything I put into the ticket and CLOSED my case. I cant get them to reopen it.The seller gave them a bogus tracking number. The tracking information clearly shows that the item was billed 6 days BEFORE I EVEN ORDERED. IT SHOWS IT WAS DELIVERED THE DAY BEFORE MY ORDER. Getting through to them has proven extremely difficult. Where do I go from here?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

slacker_011
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal doesn't seem to be investigating fraud complaints.

I had an eBay seller ad 21% VAT *after billing* to the PayPal charge for an international export to Canada (VAT isn't charged on exports). I reported it to PayPal, and they closed the dispute saying the charge was "normal."

I won't be using PayPal for any further purchases. They actively support seller fraud.

Report it to the police and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

PayPal has no accountability, or pretends it has none. There is no valid reason not to provide prompt service as a financial institution. If banks, credit cards, and eBay can all provide fast customer service during COVID, so can PayPal, which rakes in billions.

Make sure to Message Customer Service, not because they will do anything, but because you will want the paper trail when you open an investigation with your local police.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.