PAYPAL *VIC1516. 4029357733LU

pylesy
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know what this charge on my bank account is?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pylesy 

Nope. If charge is only appearing at your funding source, then report it to them. Could be that your bank card info was compromised and it was used via PayPal Guest checkout at a merchant that accepts payments via PayPal. Otherwise, locate the transaction in your PayPal account click it, click "Report a problem".

Do a malware, virus sweep of your devices.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

pylesy
Contributor
Contributor

I reported this to my bank and they referred me to PayPal where I cannot report it as a problem as it does not appear in my PayPal activity!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pylesy 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pylesy
Contributor
Contributor

I found that PayPal’s online help with this was useless. I eventually got through to speak to someone in person who was very helpful.

Turns out my debit card had been compromised. A call to the bank resulted in me having to cancel the card and the bank refunding this amount.

I am very cautious with all online dealings but it goes to show that we are vulnerable....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pylesy 

Think you were already told that in @sharpiemarker  post above?

Could be that your bank card info was compromised and it was used via PayPal Guest checkout at a merchant that accepts payments via PayPal. Otherwise, locate the transaction in your PayPal account click it, click "Report a problem".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pylesy
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I probably was. Posted this for information only. No need for your pointless reply Kernowass.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pylesy 

Shame your pointless post didn't say that they were correct then and you did not have to ring customer services for the answer when you had already been given it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

STEFGB
New Community Member

I have the same problem and with this account and the exact amount has been taken from my bank! did you find out what it was?

Login to Me Too

pylesy
Contributor
Contributor

The bank said this was someone who had managed to use my account details and promptly refunded the amount taken.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.