PAYPAL *TOTALAV" unauthorised payment

suepearson430
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have had £118.80 taken from my bank account showing PAYPAL *TOTALAV" I have no idea what this is, I did not ask for this transaction and when reporting to paypal just got a reply that 

We've completed our review of your unauthorised activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorised use

I dont know what totalav is, How can it be removed from my bank account without my knowledge or permission?

When I spoke to my bank, they said that there have been a lot of reports about the same matter and transported me to a dedicated phone live for this very thing that paypal has set up. 

I dont understand why if paypal are investigating these transactions I would get this very uninformative reply, with paypal basically washing their hands about this charge on my account. 

Has anybody else had any dealings with this type of payment, or can explain to me how and why this has happened please.

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BD-84 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Persephone78
New Community Member

This refers to Total AV - which is an internet security software.  Do you have an account with them?  They have done the same to me - without informing me as well as massively overcharging.  In the process of trying to extract a refund from them currently.

Login to Me Too

Robsk2021
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get anywhere with it? The just did the same thing to me. Really **bleep** off.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Robsk2021 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jbwinship
New Community Member

They just it to me too. Did they refund you?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi @jbwinship, thanks for posting to our Community. I’m sorry to hear there’s an unrecognized transaction and I’m glad you contacted us. Before we progress further, have you checked to see if this is an unrecognized billing agreement payment?

Here’s some information on how to locate your preapproved payment agreements. We have more information about how to cancel a preapproved payment agreement here.

If you still do not recognize the transaction and want to report it as unauthorized, please make sure you update your password & security questions and report any unauthorized activity to us. Don’t worry, we offer full protection for confirmed unauthorized transactions. We may take up to 10 business days to review any unauthorized claim and we’ll send you an update via email.
Here's how to report potential fraud, 
Here's how to report a billing issue,
Learn about secure password tips here.
If there are any questions during this process, please feel free to let us know.

Login to Me Too

divor
New Community Member

This happened to me today.  I have contacted Total AV and they say they will refund the £118.80 although I was aoffered free additional licences and other freebies I refused as the only account I have ever had with Total AV was a free one and that was a long time ago.

Login to Me Too

jaydeebliss1
New Community Member

Total AV went one step further, they not only took £118 out of my account without my permission, they also took £93 for an add-on; I don't even know what the Addon was for.  I called Total AV and they agreed to give me a refund and yet I'm still shocked that they tried to scam me out of £212.  If I hadn't checked my account, they would have gotten away with it.

I don't remember signing up but when they closed my account, I saw the page, inviting me to rejoin for just £19.00. They get people to join and then start taking big money out of people's account.

They had taken £70 from my account in 2020; I hadn't authorised this and don't know what it's for. I don't think I can get my money back. They must be raking in millions, sneakily taking money from people's account.

Login to Me Too

suepearson430
Contributor
Contributor

How did you manage to contact them? I have tried email several times, no answers, and the number i found for them did not exist.

Thanks

Sue 

Login to Me Too

BD-84
Contributor
Contributor
I also have a problem with Total AV & automatic payments. I DID unsubscribe, or so I thought but they keep taking the money out.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.