PAYPAL STOLE MY MONEY, TELLING ME THEY GONNA HOLD THEM FOR 180 DAYS!!!!

where_s_justice
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL STOLE MY 8500USD!!! I USED THIS COMPANY FOR GETTING PAYMENTS FROM SELLING ONLINE AND ONE DAY THEY BLOCKED MY ACCESS TO AN ACCOUNT. AT THE SAME TIME I RECEIVED A MESSAGE, STATING THAT MY FUNDS WOULD BE HELD FOR THE NEXT 180 DAYS - PERSONALLY I DO NOT BELIEVE THEY'LL EVER BE RETURNED TO ME. TRUSTED THIS COMPANY FULLY AND EVENTUALLY GOT ROBBED. THEY HAVE LITERALLY BROCKEN MY LIFE - I MOVED OUT OF MY APPARTMENT, DUE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY FOR IT AND AM CURRENTLY STARVING FOR THE LAST 2 MONTHS!!! ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________How this all started? One day I decided to dedicate my whole time to selling online and have chosen a company called Paypal as a mean of receiving the payments. I would say that this happened because of their advertisements stating that your money gonna be 100% secure and I could never image that it`s an absolute lie which is aimed to attract more and more future victims. What is more, I have never thought how my cooperation with them would end up - believe me, on my place you would beg it to be a nightmare. So, as I already stated, I opened an account on their website - "paypal.com" and slowly, but confidently began to gain success on selling clothes, mainly on Ebay. After some period of time it went so well, that I invested all of my funds in a process. Of course, there were sometimes delays on the side of a supplier due to the items being out of stock and I had to issue refunds, but I`ve never had a single negative feedback. After a few months I came to 8500USD in income and decided that it would not be a bad decision to withdraw a little of my funds, mainly for household purposes - entered a webpage as usual, tried to make a transfer, but instead saw: "Your account access is permanently limited. After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal." That`s all the information I got and, of course, was not able to withdraw any single cent. After that I faced problems in paying Ebay selling fees, as they are also not being able to access my funds and , as a result they would make collections from the incomes that I can`t even withdraw from Paypal. Think twice before dealing with this company, they gonna make you homeless!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@where_s_justice 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

where_s_justice
Contributor
Contributor

The thing is that I`ve fully read the User Agreement several times and still am not able to get what was the reason for leaving me without any sources to pay for a living. At the same time blocking the money of the seller to pay customers in case of disputes sounds ridiculous - as if a merchant can`t do this by himself without an account limitation. I am wondered even more that such companies as Paypal are allowed to steal your money in European Union on regular basis - thousands of cases. Personally feel that it`s essential to share this on the media, so as to make European financial institutions open their eyes.

Login to Me Too

rashidml2
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I have the same issue with them. There is indeed a “potential risk”, but this risk is ours when we open an account with them.

I thought things will get better after that unholy alliance between PayPal and eBay ended, but seemingly not. I always considered the PayPal – eBay connection as an “axis of evil” with PayPal being the major culprit.

Luckily, my money involved is just a little over 7 USD, and I am happy to give it to them as an advanced donation for their funeral.

Login to Me Too

amr28
Contributor
Contributor

the paypal customer servers must be under radar they never care about their customers they waste time with 0 reasonable proof of damaging the people business! 0 proof or real reason by accusing fake email then locked up all things! that thing need to take for next level i think

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.