PAYPAL STEALING MONEY DIRECT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

roksteady
New Community Member

On 25th April ONE payment of £29.99 should have been payed from my bank account to Paypal but two payments were taken.

At first i thought the vendor had been payed twice so i opened a dispute on the transaction.  After speaking to the vendor it was clear they knew nothing about it and that the second payment had been pocketed by paypal so i closed the dispute against the customer and contacted Paypal customer services (with the required evidence) to sort out the problem.

Their response was "We do not deal with closed disputes."

This is a disgraceful attempt by Paypal Customer Services to fob me off after having stolen money directly from my bank account and i am now very angry about it.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how Paypal can be held accountable for this theft and how I can get my money back?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

SetenityDG
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t feel bad they got me for over $3000 , 2 ounces of gold and a cell phone
Login to Me Too

Rxcoma
Contributor
Contributor
This is happening to me OVER AND OVER. and im POOR! I shipped a tube amp off to somebody.. They didn't like it.. Never completed the transaction in PayPal.. So i was never paid the $406..EVER. and NO RECORD OF IT ANYWHERE. as soon as he put in for a refund. Minus $406.. I fought for two weeks between multiple people on different continents all telling me i spent it tho there's STILL NO PLUS $406 TO THIS DAY anywhere in my account.. Only a minus $406. And they had the nerve to tell me system differences just don't allow me to view ALL my billing detail. Yeah. EXACTLY $406 WORTH AT THAT SPECIFC TIME? .. They nail me for double UPS charges consistently and just the other day. I went negative 88 for a transaction from the 13 th of last month?? On top of that.. Since my cards on other accounts are linked? They "droned" 13 one dollar charges to one of my other currently idle accounts at a zero balance.. That now gave me 13 one dollar overdraft fees.. F*****kkkkkk!!-
Login to Me Too

ISEESCAMMERS
Contributor
Contributor

@ rxcoma..Why would you send someone anything if they had not paid for it?

That makes no sense to me,  but I feel for you ..dishonest people make my cringe.

In my case, the buyer paid for the item, but never read the listing so when the item showed up, they claimed it was not what they ordered, but I am not a store with 100 items, I only had one item, sold it ,and was paid.. then, the buyer opened the box, took it apart with a screwdriver, stole parts out of it, broke it, and asked for a refund saying it was not what he ordered, but,  It had to be what he ordered, it was the only thing I had for sale! Ebay gave him a refund anyway then went into my bank and took the money out. EBAY told me, that as a seller, I need to expect losses, and be like walmart, accepting broken items back..WTF??? I told them they are insane. I am not a billion dollar corporation who can take losses like that....especially when the buyer admits to not reading my listing. Why cant ebay just tell the buyer..hey..you didn't read the listing..that's your fault!

WHY THE F** am I at fault for some idiot not being able to read my listing and he clicks "buy" anyway!

The morons at ebay said " you can buy a tv at walmart, smash it and get your money back"..you need to accept it when a buyer breaks your item and wants to return it! Complete scam of a company..helping buyers to rob and steal from sellers.

HUNDREDS of dollars stolen from me, a guy with no job, or income, struggling to feed his kids with no car, no house or place to call my own, and these billionaires just FKN rob me.

Login to Me Too

Rxcoma
Contributor
Contributor
hpassionhey brother.. THEY DID PAY FOR IT.. but PayPal HELD THE PAYMENT.. IN PENDING.. "until the customer RECIEVED the item and declared it ok".. And NEVER PAID IT OUT TO ME.. it remained in pending status until customer wanted a return .. Then they charged me for a payment that never left "pending" status and was never paid out!
Login to Me Too

bk_lish
Contributor
Contributor

This mainly seems like a complaint for the platform you sold on first, but after my personal dealings with PayPal, I have now removed them from my employer's payment options, so what was them stealing $500+ from me, is now going to cost them tens of thousands every year. It's nothing to their 50b company, but being a bunch of scammers scamming small businesses, I guess they won't mind. 😏

Login to Me Too

Taz2507

Paypal are not accountable in the normal sense and hide behind a team of badly trained staff. 

I used Paypal to transfer money to a TSB account which worked no problem but when i accidentally closed the main bank account (Natwest current) in stead of contacting me they switched the payments to my Natwest credit account which was fine until for NO REASON they then some how started taking money from the TSB account.

I never gave Paypal permission to use this account.  They took 5 payments (Ebay purchases) from the TSB account which had no funds, sending the account into the red and incurring bank charges. I contacted them and the response was utter gibberish aimed at making me drop the problem out of sheer frustration.

1st attempt is was told "Paypal cannot take money from an unauthorised account" My TSB account was setup to transfer money to my family and was never used by me for anything. Paypal got the account details from the transfer i made???

2nd attempt was even more frustrating. I was told to "request a refund from the Ebay sellers and then repay them" What fn hell would that do??? This idiotic comment worked as i felt any further attempts to resolve the problem would be POINTLESS.

Thanks Paypal

Login to Me Too

Rxcoma
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has not only repeatedly syolen from me including ..a $400+ transaction where i sold an item on ebay.. Was never released funds.. **bleep**ING EVER! and then when a dispute arose.. They sent me negative $400+ !! Having never paid it out!. AftEr DAYS of trying to get to the bottom of it... The rep on their phone.. Had the nerve to say.. I HAD SPENT IT.. BUT JUST CANNOT SEE THE DETAILED TRANSACTION HISTORY ON MY SIDE. I said ok.. Make me see it.. If YOU can see it..on your side. And it just so happens. By SOME ASTRONOMICAL ODDS.. I JUST CANT SEE THIS SPECIFIC COLLECTION OF DEBITS. THAT SOMEHOW ADD UP SPECIFICALLY TO THIS AMOUNT.. But i can see all other activity aside from that. Well.. I need to either see it myself.. Or talk to a manager.. To which not 3.. Not 4..not 5.. 6 times in a row in 3 days.. I got hung up on at this point in it. They also double charge me UPS SHIPPING and store debits CONTINUOUSLY . as soon as i make the purchase.. My account is hit for the amount. It comes out.. The. Out of the blue.. 5 days later or so... Here comes like 3 4 or 5 UPS debits AGAIN... But. No help now.. No humans. Not that they did anything anyway . oh. And this really weird thing happens periodically. Where late at night. My account drains .. No matter what. ..exactly to zero. Then is put back incrementally during the wee hours . But now.. With the stress of covid.. The system auto flags my account for NO REASON AT ALL.. and ALL payments made to me.. Get SUPER LONG HOLDS imposed upon them.. And its DESTROYING my life . so im gonna sue these people. Straight up.. I **bleep**ING HATE this company with a stone cold passion
Login to Me Too

Clarab
New Community Member
Exactly same thing I've noticed over time when selling my money has disappeared from mu balance. I've also noticed 2 refund payments completely missing. I asked someone to check my transactions to the money received compared to money taken out and it runs into a great amount of missing payments that have gone missing I've also noticed that they are not showing all pages of transactions over last 90 days so looking like a direct scam of taking money and trying to cover there tracks. I do have proof of missing payments recently though and now I've been alert to money repeatedly missing from my account will also be asking for paperwork from my bank account. The other day I had a balance that just disappeared I'd logged on few times and it was there and then when I logged on again it disappeared. I emailed the serious concerns and they never got back so now will need to report it as a theft to relevant parties. It's hard to believe that a banking authority would be so blatent as to repeatedly take money out of people's accounts in such a way.
Login to Me Too

Imagdrider
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened here.
Login to Me Too

jskye30
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they are completely the opposite of what you would call a decent business. They are unhelpful they close bank accounts. Put on holds and they will basically spot in your face for even supporting their company. I have never done one thing to break a rule or use any kind of balance that didn't exist and they have kept me from my money for a week and Everytime I inquired. About it they would tell me it's not their problem. Now they want to close my account and I have to deal with trying to move my balances that they don't let me move and I have bills to pay. At the end of it all what did I do to deserve that but support their businesses. I'm reporting to the better business bureau and all of you should too. I've met huge chats rooms of people that have the same problem there is a petition going around and it will be filed they are giving everyone a chance to jump on bored they should be doing a lot of social media blasting so I will definitely support that. Worrst thing we can do is sit silent and allow them to walk all over the little people who support this type of site. I will continue to keep u all informed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.