PAYPAL STEALING MONEY DIRECT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

roksteady
New Community Member

On 25th April ONE payment of £29.99 should have been payed from my bank account to Paypal but two payments were taken.

At first i thought the vendor had been payed twice so i opened a dispute on the transaction.  After speaking to the vendor it was clear they knew nothing about it and that the second payment had been pocketed by paypal so i closed the dispute against the customer and contacted Paypal customer services (with the required evidence) to sort out the problem.

Their response was "We do not deal with closed disputes."

This is a disgraceful attempt by Paypal Customer Services to fob me off after having stolen money directly from my bank account and i am now very angry about it.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how Paypal can be held accountable for this theft and how I can get my money back?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

Rxcoma
Contributor
Contributor
Man they have MURDERED me on triple and quad charging UPS to my account
Login to Me Too

Jordynvella
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I was wondering was this ever resolved for you and did you start a class action because they’ve done this to me twice.
Login to Me Too

alaliberte73
New Community Member

PayPal just took money from my bank account without authorization.  I refunded someone who wanted to buy something from me and sent me money to hold the item (this is not business related--just a craigslist sale), and they decided not to buy it, it was too large for their home.  So I returned their money via PayPal.  

Instead of returning the money from PayPal, they DUG into MY PERSONAL BANK account to return the funds....huh?!!!   I definitely did not give PayPal access to do this.  I am closing my account.  Any business that cannot act with integrity does not get my business.

If anyone knows of a legal suit against them for this, we need to band together and sue them.  

Login to Me Too

Stephyprj
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal stole from my credit card and used it in Washington D.C. Then they charged me $100 on Itunes for no reason.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Stephyprj

If you are running across some unrecognized activity on your account, we suggest reporting it through our Resolution Center. Here's a Help Center article on Reporting Unauthorized Activity as well. 

Best wishes with your case,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201006e
Contributor
Contributor
don't act like it's some simple non fraudulent on paypal fix
Login to Me Too

SetenityDG
Contributor
Contributor
**bleep** - that won’t help anything - That would be like the police investigating themselves
Login to Me Too

Terrance22
Pay pal is stealing. Something must be done. The funds are coming out of the pay pal account and the bank card associated with the account. That's why they "need" a card associated. They should just be able to stand on their own, but they cant double charge you if they dont have an account linked.
Login to Me Too

ISEESCAMMERS
Contributor
Contributor

SAME! I was scammed on ebay for hundred of dollars and I struggle as it is!

Buyer bought an item, had buyers remorse because they did not read my listing, demanded refund, they sent me back a brick in a box and ebay gave them the refund because the stupid tracking number shows : a package " delivered, then ebay debited my account through paypal and paypal steals the funds from my bank!

SICK! these companies need to be shut down and sued! they did NO INVESTIGATION~ they did not even ask me about the problem after I reported the fraud to paypal and ebay several times. They simply went in my account and stole the money, saying it was authorized. WHY WOULD I AUTHORIZE YOU TO TAKE MONEY TO GIVE TO A SCAMMER WHO SENT ME A BRICK!  These people have no logic, common sense or morality! they just dont care if ebay is biased and has idiots "investigating" your case from another side of the world and they dont have a clue what happened, even AFTER you spell it out for them!

Ebay should have never allowed the return in the first place~! I do not offer returns specifically because of crap like this! the buyer lies to ebay, open up a return case based off of a lie, and sends me back a brick laughing at me, stealing my item and getting refunded from EBAY , and EBAY and paypal want me to not only lose my item, AND my money, but they want to still pay the shipping fees, and the final value fees, THESE PEOPLE ARE INSANE / AND BEYOND DUMB. PURE SCAM. PURE SCUM!

Login to Me Too

Sedricktave
Contributor
Contributor
I agree today i began contacting news media. I will email everyone i can as many times as needed. I implore all victimized PAY PAL users to do the same. Pick two a day and resend email everyday til they listen. I want my money. Paypal are thieves!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.