PAYPAL STEALING MONEY DIRECT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

roksteady
New Community Member

On 25th April ONE payment of £29.99 should have been payed from my bank account to Paypal but two payments were taken.

At first i thought the vendor had been payed twice so i opened a dispute on the transaction.  After speaking to the vendor it was clear they knew nothing about it and that the second payment had been pocketed by paypal so i closed the dispute against the customer and contacted Paypal customer services (with the required evidence) to sort out the problem.

Their response was "We do not deal with closed disputes."

This is a disgraceful attempt by Paypal Customer Services to fob me off after having stolen money directly from my bank account and i am now very angry about it.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how Paypal can be held accountable for this theft and how I can get my money back?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

cattlewood
Contributor
Contributor

they have stole money from my bank account as well, double dipping on shipping charges, I've had no luck with the overseas service reps, they seem beyond reproach, I'm going to my bank tomorrow to see what they can do and research a class action move

Login to Me Too

Mickalah
New Community Member
Any luck with the bank? Having the same issue
Login to Me Too

cattlewood
Contributor
Contributor

no, I've been traveling, am going to try to do this week, I've pretty much shut down the pay pal, but ebay still insists on using them to some extent, they were great for 15 plus years, wish they would have a real customer service department.

Login to Me Too

Thupthigwenwong
Contributor
Contributor
tdishonesty.they hide their customer servive deliberatey.tdeliberatey.they create confusion and chaos.they want drain you mentaly with an extreme runaround.in hopes you'll just go away
Login to Me Too

thecashaccount
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what they're doing to me. These guys are unbelievable.

Login to Me Too

Terrance22
If you get a class action going, count me in. They robbed me for hundreds
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PayPal can’t be sued via class action suit. Some posted a link to the article yesterday. You have to file a Small Claims Court suit instead.

Login to Me Too

SetenityDG
Contributor
Contributor
Small claims court is $500 or less And why can’t they be held accountable in a lawsuit
Login to Me Too

Sedricktave
Contributor
Contributor
Contact every news media possible they will listen if we all do it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.