PAYPAL SIDES WITH SCAMMERS

Heavylow
Contributor
Contributor
So I bought a pre ordered vinyl on eBay. The seller sends me a package the very next day with a cord inside it and I check eBay and it says my vinyl was shipped. How? It’s a pre ordered item it doesn’t even exist yet. So I contact seller he says nahhhhhh bro I had to sent that to get the money don’t triiiiiiiip you’ll get the vinyl no problemmmmmmmm funny how I never got the god damn vinyl huh? So I create my claim with pay pal and pay pal says nahhhhhh broooooo he sent it to you the next day you obviously received it so it’s a case closed on our end. SO WHERE THE HELL IS MY GOD DAMN VINYL PAYPAL?????? FUNNY HOW I DON THAVE IT IN MY HANDS AND THAT DUDE IS NOW 107 BUCKS RICHER BECAUSE YOU SIDED WITH A SCAMMER
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heavylow 

What a train wreck.

Just so you understand what’s going on...PayPal can hold funds from seller for 21 days because and in order to release the funds sooner, the seller had to “ship” and provide tracking.

Let’s say the seller didn’t have bad intent and will ship the vinyl when it’s released, they can still ship you later. But on the other hand, it makes no sense for this seller to waste money on postage now to fake a shipment unless they included the cost in your total.

Doing this forced you to open a dispute, and since the seller had the tracking number, they used it to win the Item Not Received dispute.

What you do now is contact customer service to change your dispute to Significantly Not as Described claim to get your money back and forget about all this pre-order jive which never really works if you got a ding dong as a seller.

To make a request to change the type of claim you have:

1. Go to: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations
  3. Click Disputes
  4. Click Dispute a payment
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after the “This information might help” box

Complain that the seller shipped a cord (be very descriptive of what you received) in order to get the funds released to them sooner when they were supposed to ship the preorder record and would like to change your dispute to Significantly Not as Described (which was the appropriate case you should have filed in the first place, not Item Not Received).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Heavylow
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you just got off the phone with PayPal and did what you said. They are reopening the case and will most likely get my money back! Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.