PAYPAL REFUNDED A CUSTOMER WHEN I HAVE SENT THE ITEM?

jonese13
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item on depop and the customer was very rude to me and sending multiple aggressive messages as I sent the item a few days later than expected! I sold a £150 tracksuit for £50 and sent it first class with Royal Mail as I have just moved out and have been busy I didn't see she had put a dispute in against me and made out the item hasn't arrived when it has and I added the tracking number and sent a photo of the recipt she was then still being abusive! now I log in and PayPal has sent her £50! so now she has my item and the refund !!! what can I do about this? I can't find any information or help on this.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonese13 

Did tracking show the item as delivered to the buyer?

Or did you not send trackable?

Did you provide that tracking number before the dispute closed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jonese13
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I just checked the tracking and it was delivered to her on the 11/4/19 and PayPal sent her £50 back when she has the item 

Login to Me Too

jonese13
Contributor
Contributor

I put the tracking number on depop but didn't send them the number as I was in the middle of moving house

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonese13 

The only way paypal can say if an item was received or not is if the seller provides a tracking number.

If you don't provide trackable proof of delivery then you would lose any INR dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.