PAYPAL IS HOLDING ME LIABLE TO PAY THEM BACK INSTEAD OF THE SELLERS THAT CLAIM TO HAVE REFUNDED THEM

SwathiNVR
Contributor
Contributor

So, PayPal froze my account and wants e to top it up or technically reimburse PayPal because my bank refunded the money from PayPal. Now, the bank did that because PayPal is liable for the transaction between me and the bank and likewise PayPal should inquire with the sellers who have claimed/ possibly fraudulent, that they had initiated and transferred the money back to PayPal.

I submitted extensive correspondence back and forth between PayPal and the seller. Maybe the sellers are just mistaken, but ideally PayPal cannot penalize me for  payment that the seller has not refunded them! The sellers had instantaneously acknowledged the order cancellation and refund, so now it should be between PayPal and the sellers to find a way to get the money back, why is PayPal holding my account hostage?!! What is worse is that the PayPal representatives misinterpreted information and cite that i was cited closure of case , which i never did!!

What is worse is taht i have reported the same via their resolution center, dispute support and even feedback and complaint all to receive redundant automated messages that i already considered hence, this needs human intervention!!

Any suggestions on how to go about this??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

temp20210419
Contributor
Contributor

You don't owe them a damn thing.
You aren't liable to pay back Paypal anything. Paypal isn't a bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.