PAYPAL IS CHARGING ME FOR SOMETHING WHICH I CANNOT FIGURE OUT

DawnLiz1
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Cape Town, South Africa and am new to PayPal. I have been on my account a number of times since 3 July in order to edit certain personal information. It seems as if when I do this, PayPal is charging me because I have received 4 Smses from my Bank with the following messages:

3 July: "Paypal reserved R14.31 for a purchase"

8 July: "Paypal reserved R14.02 for a purchase"

8 July: "Paypal reserved R27.33 for a purchase"

8 July: "Payal reserved R14.02 for a purchase"

This means that a total amount of R69.68 has been spent on something I know nothing about.

I would be grateful if anyone could explain what this means please.

Many thanks

Dawnliz

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DawnLiz1,

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized transactions! Are these transactions showing up in your PayPal account's transaction activity, or just in your bank activity?

If they are showing in your PayPal account, you can follow these steps to dispute the transactions as unauthorized. PayPal covers confirmed unauthorized activity on a PayPal account 100%.

If they are not showing up in your PayPal account, it's likely that your bank account or card information has been used by a third party, and that activity will need to be investigated by a PayPal representative. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter. A PayPal representative can help direct you with additional steps to take with your issuing bank after they determine whether it was bank account use or card use.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DawnLiz1,

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized transactions! Are these transactions showing up in your PayPal account's transaction activity, or just in your bank activity?

If they are showing in your PayPal account, you can follow these steps to dispute the transactions as unauthorized. PayPal covers confirmed unauthorized activity on a PayPal account 100%.

If they are not showing up in your PayPal account, it's likely that your bank account or card information has been used by a third party, and that activity will need to be investigated by a PayPal representative. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter. A PayPal representative can help direct you with additional steps to take with your issuing bank after they determine whether it was bank account use or card use.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DawnLiz1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia

Thanks so much for your reply to my problem. I looked at my Account Activity and it shows only one payment made to me by Rev.com Inc. which is  correct.  I will follow your instructions and contact Customer Service. I hope they'll be able to help.

Kind regards

Dawn

Login to Me Too

DawnLiz1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again Olivia

I have just sent a message on the 100 word space provided by PayPal in their Help and Contact Section. There wasn't enough space to type much so I only managed to state that "Bank account debited with total ZAR69.68. Refs. PP*<removed>CODE; <removed>. Not authorised".

When I first submitted my message there was no reaction and I noticed I'd been logged out.

I re-sent the message but there is no indication that the message was received or acknowledged.

I didn't open PayPal to buy things. I opened my account to get paid for Transcription work and, in a few days, I've only earned USD6.20 and my account has been debited with ZAR69.68, so I've in fact earned nothing!

I really hope someone will contact me soon.

Many thanks

DawnLiz1

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.