PAYPAL Helps scammers

Ashraf77
New Community Member

I called the call center today to register a complaint against a company that I purchased something from and sent me a cheap worthless item that has nothing to do with what I ordered. The agent assured me she will open a dispute within one hour.. Unfortunately, nothing was done, she just lied to me...

This chinese company advertised on facebook and scams customers, and it is very disappointing that paypal facilitates this scam process... I know for a fact with a simple google search that many other customers complained to paypal against this company, and yet paypal continue to support them and help them scam customers.. It is very very disappointing.. I will never ever use paypal to purchase anything in the future...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashraf77 

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute.

You're not entitled to return shipping costs in the dispute as PayPal can only refund the original amount paid. The seller can offer a solution or to pay return shipping but that's up to them to follow through on it by sending a return label or sending you a separate payment for postage, they are not obliged to do so by PayPal. If you're returning the item, return with a tracking number to get proof of delivery.

For purchase protection terms and condition
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

PayPal has return shipping refund program:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

PayPal does not guarantee or warranty the products sold using their services so buyer beware. Always remember to do research before buying, not after.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.