PAYPAL HOLDING MY MONEY DURING COVID 19

elainebamber
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL IS  HOLDING MY MONEY DURING COVID 19 \ I HAVE ASKED PAYPAL TO RELEASE MY FUNDS DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK AS THEY ARE HOLDING 25% OFF ALL MY TRANSACTIONS. I HAVE BILLS TO PAY, SULLPIERS TO PAY AND DURING THIS TIME I NEED EVERYTHING I CAN GET AS A SMALL BUSINESS. THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO HELP ME, I HAVE HAD NO CHARGEBACKS IN THE LAST 3-4 MONTHS AND THEY SAID I NEED TO WAIT 180 DAYS?? YOU ARE HOLDING MY MONEY AGAINST ME, AT A TIME WHEN I NEED TO USE IT THE MOST. SURELY UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU CAN RELEASE MY FUNDS, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! 

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Jason8236
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same issue I’m seeking legal advice atm. I’m from the uk.
Login to Me Too

olliemurphy
Contributor
Contributor

i'm having the exact same issue. i'm a small business and even after releasing the tracking information they won't release the money to me. (i'm a small business so I make everything to order, i need the money to produce and send the goods). it's truly disgusting reading this then paypal are making out like they're helping small businesses during covid.

There's nobody to even talk to or discuss this during this time either.... 

I HATE PAYPAL SO MUCH

Login to Me Too

Dd53
Contributor
Contributor
It is truly a crime what PayPal is doing
Login to Me Too

Coltonduramax
Contributor
Contributor
I simply made a PayPal just to sell a set of wheels, I shipped them, provided tracking, before delivered I got a notification that my account was permanently limited and all my funds will be held for 180 days...once wheels were delivered the buyer even clicked on something saying he received his package and is happy with purchase. This is a horrible experience. I need the money that is being held against my will for no reason. Especially during this covid-19 stuff this is insane I’m dealing with this
Login to Me Too

motherandcub
Contributor
Contributor
Honestly this is disgusting. Companies like Paypal are thanking there lucky stars that this Covid situation came about while simultaneously acting as if they give a damn. 1. Paypal are able to receive everyones money and simply "hold" it until further notice and blame it on Covid19....so they mean to tell me that a company like Paypal cant afford to send their call centre operators home with a work laptop?? 2. I would argue that a company dealing with peoples INCOME must remain open 24/7 and be contactable 24/7 whether rain or shine...Paypal has alot of the same responsibilites as a bank, so if Ebay can send operators home with work laptops and phones your telling me Paypal cant do the same?? There taking advantage of the situation and are simply gambling our hard earned money on the stock market while hiding behind the Covid excuse. 3. I honestly believe that we should look into blowing the whistle on how Paypal are treating there customers during this Global pandemic were facing....alot of people have lost their jobs and have had to turn to Ebay to make a living only for Paypal to do the unthinkable which is prey on their customers....Paypal has essentially taken all our money and provided us with absolutely no service. 4. The fact that they didnt even bother setting up a proper live chat system is just a kick in the teeth. Your making millions from your customers doing absolutely F all but providing the platform which is 100% automated and you cant use some of that to have an actual live chat system?? or are you just going to blame covid for that too? Disgraceful.
Login to Me Too

olliemurphy
Contributor
Contributor
I COMPLETELY agree with you, very well said. I’ve removed PayPal from my company website and set up with stripe instead they are much better. They don’t lie to you and change the rules and they just release your money after a week no problem.... I hate PayPal so so much. It would be great to whistle blow them but who would care ? I’ve already said what you’ve said on my Instagram and now people I know with small T-shirt businesses won’t be using them anymore. Good luck to you
Login to Me Too

MartyTheMacMan
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Dan Schulman,

Yes it all seems rather fishy especially because the MANY ways I tried to contact Paypal  FAILED!! i thought you where not sacking all the staff Dan.

Over the past last 5 days I have tried a number of ways to contact Paypal support, including messages and there is no way to generate a case number to follow-up support or after coded-19 for any serious matters.

Me Too Paypal are holding my money, not like a bank for 3 days but now 8 days. This money was payed payed back to me by a sick mate (no he does not have Covid19), for a computer he needs for Uni and I have a big Credit Card Bill to pay ----- H E L P

There is no to deliver because the Pc Computer has already been delivered to him already, the sale is outside of ebay........, but ebay are treating this case like an ebay purchase WHICH IT IS NOT. 

"There is NO ITEM" to be delivered"

So this is the only message they may see.   G I V E  M E   M Y   M O N E Y  you have no RIGHT to hold it.

Ok Forum: If I close my Paypal account our business is terminated, yes? and all funds would need to be returned immediately ??

ps Sorry about the caps but I still mean it

Login to Me Too

To put it very simply, Paypal is scum. The worse the pandemic, the better for them as a business. Everyone is buying stuff online, they get to steal 3% and 30 cents from their victims... I mean sellers who totally VOLUNTARILY uses this disgusting service, it's totally voluntary, don't like it? Don't use it, oh and lose at least 30% of your business! They also don't have to deal with overhead, employees who are soulless or unfortunate enough to work for them, they can blame all their factually immortal, reprehensible, and downright criminal abominable services on a stupid virus.

Let's not forget the way they will just ban people and steal accounts for political indifference. I'm sure most of us don't agree with many so called political activists that may or may not have beliefs that can be considered extreme, or at least non-conformist, but as far as I'm aware, "holding extreme political views" and "wrongthink" isn't a bannable violation... right? I think we can agree that banning people for such boring and petty sheit is absolutely idiotic.  

They can whinge about the virus all they effing like. I've had to deal with my phone company, internet service provider, shipping companies, despite taking an extra few hours or working days, they all have real effing people to respond! How about paypal? All I get was an automated wall of useless text that even contain incomprehensible characters. Example, copied straight from their horrible messaging centre where the input box can't even be enlarged:

Typically, youâ€{trademark symbol} ll have access to your pending payment after:
•21 calendar days, if you donâ€{trademark symbol}t mark the item as sent in your eBay account
•24 hours after PayPal 
I've changed 3 browsers, same rubbish, so I don't think it's my computer's problem. 
I had to swap the trademark symbol out because of this warning that won't let me post:
The message body contains {redacted}, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

This is what they see us as, a fu¢king mon€y po{trademark symbol}.

Hate to bring China into this mess, some of their gov's practices are beyond me. However Alipay was never this bad with sellers, I've dealt with them, many people have. They won't just outright do stuff like this! One would think a country that's constantly painted as the top violators of various whatevers by the media would be worse, oh no! How pathetic. Paypla loves to call themselves caring, whilst also providing business to scammers and terrorists, whilst simultaneously saying they combat such things. Just watch Jim Browning's scammer call centre 4 parts documentary to see how paypal doesn't give a sheit about their victims and actively assist scammers. Usually I'm able to differentiate between a company endorsing immorality and its users practising immorality (ie scamming old and vulnerable people), but in the case of paypal, I have a VERY hard time assuming they are innocent.

I hope something 1000 times better replaces this devious and vile company. Oh wait, 1000 times 0 is still zero, I shouldn't say that.  
Login to Me Too

Novlt
New Community Member
It’s June and I’m currently going through the same thing. I have packages to ship with the money I received through PayPal but can’t ship them because the money is on Hold. Still no one is at the call center and the messenger is giving me some b.s.
Login to Me Too

Cyager88
Contributor
Contributor

This is currently happening to me i stupidly has my umeployment benefits go to my paypal initially i got a 15k deposit from texas workforce as soon as i got it paypal started with the limitations followed by countless hours of my messaging them and calling i still to the day and its been 90 days have no been sucessfull reaching a live person. i lost my place to live amount other trial and tribulations. i actually did consult with an attorney who quickly shut me down advising that paypal is within their user agreement policy i said up for. this has been hell for me i cant even explain what ive lost as it stands today i still have 10k sitting in paypal and am currently homeless bc of this. i dont know that i will make it another 100 days.!! 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.