PAYPAL FRAUD

Awill22
Contributor
Contributor
So I get an email from PayPal that they’re going to send me to collections for $1000. Then I login to my account to find someone had changed the card info, phone number, and even language and sent themselves $1000. I contacted PayPal immediately and they’re telling me it’s not fraud.... WHY WOULD I SEND $1000 to someone I’ve never met in another country!?!? Isn’t the point of PayPal that it’s supposed to be safe. They obviously don’t care about customer security or people’s accounts being hacked. BEWARE OF PAYPAL. YOUR PERSONAL INFO AND MONEY ARE NOT SAFE WITH THEM
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ozGremlin
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal account was accessed while I was asleep, and while my systems were all turned off. I have firewall logs from my house, and traffic data from the ISP that show I did not access any Paypal-related system in a 4-hour period either side of when the transaction took place. There is clear evidence that someone has been accessing my account from outside the country where I live.

My first case with Paypal was closed within hours - exactly as described by the original poster. After contacting Paypal by phone, a second case was raised, but was then closed with no information supplied. 

Bottom line, Paypal is knowingly assisting with online fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.