PAYPAL COMMUNITY, OUR FAMILY NEEDS YOUR HELP

theytookmymoney
Contributor
Contributor

I am under 18 and I was not aware that I had to be over 18 to have a paypal account. I linked it to an ebay account and sold some things. The money (280$) has been frozen for the past 180 days. I have relentlessly contacted support over the past 2 days to no avail. I never linked a bank account or debit card before my account was limited and cannot add either one now. The support agent last night said that my phone number could not be used for verification even though it is the only number on my account. I have tried the check mailing option and it will not let me use it because my account is limited. The paypal agent also said "You need to keep trying to link your bank until the system recognizes that it's genuinely you trying to withdraw the money" So I stayed up all night trying over and over to no avail. Paypal community, you're my only hope now. Please help, thanks! How will I go about giving someone who is verifiably over 18 ownership of this account. Will they have to have account name changed to theirs, with documents to prove their identity? Will the limitations be removed after it becomes theirs? This is a lot of money, and we need it right now due to the coronavirus outbreak. I just need someone to help and not give me a copypaste answer. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.