PAYPAL ARE YOU BREAKING A LAW?

CaIIum
Contributor
Contributor

Myself and my brother run a business (ebay sales), and back in December/January this year (18/19) Paypal decided to freeze our account for 180 days, with all of our funds inside it. We proceeded to ask them why this has happened, and they refused to give us a reason. 

Note, both me and my brother are over the age of 18, so we haven't broken PAYPAL's age terms. 

Let me just say, the customer service is appalling. 

Bearing in mind there is $1500 in the account, I began to research whether this has happened to anyone else... and surprise surprise, it has. In some cases, after waiting 180 days, people have LOST all of there money. This is beyond a joke, and i'm sure its illegal to withhold funds without a solid reason.. am I right?

I have found a small group of people who have, and are currently suing Paypal for breaching terms and conditions. I've came across people who have successfully got there money back with lawyers, but surely i don't need to go through all of that just to get MY money back?

If I do not get my money back within the next month, I shall be opening a legal dispute.

If anyone knows anything, or can help me at all, please do.

Many thanks, 

Callum. @paypal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CaIIum 

There can be hundreds to over a thousand reasons/guesses why, too long to list. Read the restricted activity list and acceptable use policies in the user agreement. Click "Legal" at bottom of virtually any page. Even though the specific reason may not be listed, it can be something related to it. To keep the integrity of their security model PayPal may not be able to tell you why.

Contact customer service for assistance about withdrawing your money:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.