PAYPAL ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY LIMITED

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I sell on ebay, I received an email from paypal on the 26th of may 2018 saying my account has be permanently limited. Due to selling of replica item.

I HAVE A GOOD REASON TO BELIEVE I WAS REPORTED BY A COMPETITOR SELLING THE EXACT SAME ITEM ON EBAY. I HAVE SOLD THE EXACT SAME ITEM BEFORE AND PAYPAL NEVER RAISED AN EYELID. THERE ARE STILL SELLERS ON EBAY SELLING THE EXACT SAME ITEM, SO I AM UNSURE WHAT I HAVE DONE WRONG TO HAVE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT LIMITED.

I contacted Orla at paypal customer service whom gave me an email for the department responsible for permanently limited accounts. I have since sent 2 emails and I have received same automated response each time.

Hence I contacted paypal customer service via email explaining, that I have invoices and receipts as PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR this item, it is a genuine item and from a reputable supplier.

I received the exact same automated response again.

I am yet to receive a response from an actual person at paypal for my emails. I have looked through this paypal community forum and other forums. Which has led me to conclude, that having a permanently limited paypal account is the worse of limitation to encounter from paypal and it is near impossible to resolve.

I have a good reason think a competitor may have reported my item. My funds are being held by paypal. Its an unfair situation, This is my sole means of livelihood.

I'd expect paypal to have a social responsibility as a banking service operating in the UK.

I have to pay my ebay monthly fees on 15th of June 2018, hence it urgent to get this resolved quickly, otherwise I'll also lose my long term ebay account. I have sent out all my buyers items costing hundred of pounds.

I am out of pocket as payments for these items are being held, I uploaded tracking number as signed proof of delivery each time. Can Someone please advise me, on how to proceed further to resolve this permanent account limitation with paypal.

Many Thanks Guys.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

someone4
New Community Member

I am having the same issue and when I called paypal about this, they told me that I should email the department responsible but that I should not expect a response as they have a habit of not replying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.