Overnal SA

Angminor
New Community Member

What is this? I was charged by Overnal sa and don’t know who they are ?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

gabuisi

That's it. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

bamalynn
New Community Member

I had two charges from this vendor on my account, and Googled what it was. It's for purchases to Shapermint shapewear online.

Login to Me Too

cuporsky
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!! It was driving me crazy!
Login to Me Too

Karayasatahala
Contributor
Contributor
Have you reported this to PayPal? You should NOT be charged more than once for a one~time product purchase. This means Overnel SA had your account set up to an active ‘automatic payment’ cycle rather than a single ‘payment’.
Login to Me Too

Shiwhi
Contributor
Contributor
How do I stop the extra payment or get it back.
Login to Me Too

Shelster0035
New Community Member
I wish they would just put Shapermint in the transaction line on our account so we don’t have to go all over the place looking to figure out what Overnal SA is!!!
Login to Me Too

matel406
Contributor
Contributor

If u were charged x2, for 1 order, try to contact them, if no success, go to Paypal, file a dispute, under the tools menu.

Login to Me Too

Karayasatahala
Contributor
Contributor
As mentioned, Overnel SA will show up in your account summary after a one time online product purchase from Shapermint body wear. It should also appear in your summary as ‘payment’. Beware, however, of what happened to me when I was redirected to PayPal from their site; it set my account up with AUTOMATIC payments, to be ACTIVE and to reoccur EACH month on the same date. I did not know this happened during the checkout process. I later had to manually set it to be inactive. Shapermint customer service claims they are ‘investigating’ this when I reported it along with the screenshots I took. This is actually a common scam that takes advantage of people’s inability to manage their online shopping history and should be reported to PayPal. No ‘one time product purchase’ should EVER be set up as ‘automatic payment’. This is a rip off tactic.
Login to Me Too

aneekebeth
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this issue today! The very first order I made through Shapermint was in May. Today I placed another because I had NO idea about this but I used my credit card. I looked up a payment made to Overnal SA made on Nov. 28th through PayPal because I didn't recognize it & found this thread. What can be done? I submitted a dispute for the $50.49 automatic payment. I'm glad it was 6 months after the initial order and not much later... but still, how is this legal? Now I'm worried they'll do an automatic payment to my credit card that I used for the order I placed today. If I had known, I wouldn't have done it and I would be telling everyone I know about the fraudulent business practices that Shapermint uses to scam people. I emailed them immediately & submitted my PayPal dispute... but I'm still worried 😔

Login to Me Too

aneekebeth
Contributor
Contributor

So, after I immediately canceled the "subscription" that I didn't sign up for... I submitted a claim through PayPal and contacted the company directly. PayPal sent back:

"We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use.

The payment in question was sent as part of a billing agreement you previously set up with the merchant.

We've now canceled this agreement for you to prevent any other unwanted transactions.  Moving forward please be sure to review all your active billing agreements. If you need a refund for a payment sent using an active billing agreement, please contact the merchant directly."

Now I'm losing hope that I will get that money back. I still can't believe something like this would happen. Why would anyone make an automatic payment willingly for nothing in return? Do they see it as a donation? I'll see what other evidence I can get. At least for me, it wasn't much money but especially when I'm on a fixed income, it does make a difference. It's also the principle much more than the money itself. I'll update if anything is accomplished 🙁Anyone else get their money back from this scam?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.