Overcharged my bank account

dynasly
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I recently made a purchase for an online course which had an introductory discount code to avail 50% off. However, while proceeding with check out via paypal, my account got charged even before I could enter the coupon code on Paypal and click Submit. Now paypal shows that I was charged only the 50% amount. However, my bank account reflects deducting of 100% amount. How do I fix this? 

My region is Bangalore, India (if it helps) 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Thank you for your response! I am glad to hear this issue is in the process of being resolved. 

- Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi dynasly, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

The only authorized amount we will deduct from your bank/card, will be shown to you on the transaction within PayPal. If an additional amount is charged by PayPal, please contact our Customer Support team, and we would be happy to look into this for you. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

dynasly
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I am in the process of solving this. It appears to be an error at my bank's end and nothing to do with Paypal. I had to back trace this to figure out and I am almost through this, I guess. Awaiting for a final response from my bank at the moment. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Thank you for your response! I am glad to hear this issue is in the process of being resolved. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.