Over paid a transaction.

Happy12
Contributor
Contributor
I was helping a man who is homeless. He needed $18.00 to get a room snd it had to be on his card. I paid him the $18.00 and it didn’t show up in his account and I did not get an email saying it had processed properly. Using my cellphone. I made the transaction again. When the first transaction came through I immediately realized it would be paid a second time. I used the wrong code and both transactions were taken from his account. Just before that happen, he used his card to get a room. Once in the room he realized what had happen and I tried frantically to correct the auto. No one was available to help. Knowing his card would now be a negative balance. I gave him a $20 bill. Now, where I was going to help this homeless man get a room an the Econo lodge it is costing me almost $60, $20 in cash and 2 payments of $18.00 plus the fee for the transaction. $.82 I believe. What can I do. This would not have happen had only 1 transaction been held or reversed. Both transactions were stopped and from what I understand they will be reinstated. I have taken almost 3 hours trying to get this fixed and it’s just getting worse and more expensive for me, by the hour. It’s costing him nothing. I can get the information for the econo lodge on hwy 19 south between curlew road and Tampa road. He was using his point to get the room for less than $20. What can I do?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.