Ouyiec Scammers

Hornsea71
Contributor
Contributor

On 12.11.20 I ordered a Stihl Battery-Powered Wood Cutter (mini chain saw) that was advertised by Ouyiec on Facebook at $19.99 plus $6.99 shipping and this was confirmed the same day (Order number- MFX73428). 

I e-mailed Ouyiec on 4.12.20 and 19.12.20 asking when I would receive the item. On 20.11.20 I received an e-mail from them telling me that the Wood Cutter had been shipped together with tracking information. This was followed by a further message on 12.1.21 claiming that my order had been delivered on 7.12.20 at 11.38 am.

I do remember an unsolicited thin envelope being delivered around that time that bore no relationship to my order and this very clearly wasn’t the ‘Battery-Powered Wood Cutter’ I’d ordered as shown in the video on Facebook and as shown diagrammatically on the PayPal payment confirmation. The contents of the envelope consisted of a short piece of wire with a metal ring at either end!

I raised a Dispute with PayPal that (for some unknown reason) was rejected because Ouyiec had provided a tracking number – even though they supplied completely the wrong item- a definite scam!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hornsea71 

Please say you didn't open a dispute for non receipt of item which the seller would win if they could provide a tracking number to prove delivery???

If so why didn't you open a dispute for item received but 'not as described' ie nothing like you ordered???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hornsea71 

Please say you didn't open a dispute for non receipt of item which the seller would win if they could provide a tracking number to prove delivery???

If so why didn't you open a dispute for item received but 'not as described' ie nothing like you ordered???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hornsea71
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice, this was my first dispute of this type.

I shall know better in the future!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.