Outside Ebay Sellers Beware

Zevy
Contributor
Contributor

Many archived topics on this.  Most are Ebay sellers.  I must say I have not had a problem selling through Ebay.  Maybe because almost everything I sell is used As-is, No returns.  However, I always try to sell locally on Craigslist and Facebook groups first.  Even locally and sometimes with shipping I've accepted PayPal.  Until today!  I am cancelling my Paypal account.  I've seen rumors Ebay is dropping PayPal also.  It appears Buyers may have as many problems as sellers.  I am convinced Paypal does not make any effort to resolve problems.  Buyers have figured out they have essentially a 180 day, 100% money back guarantee on everything.  I had a buyer file a claim a month after receiving a used $900 part and using it and possibly damaging it, then want to return it.  Claimed it was "Not as described".  PayPal's return policy states the item must be significantly different than described for a buyer to return it.  Total "bull****".   I provided all proof, copies, pictures, even buyer Facebook posts showing my item being used and Paypal almost immediately said they had reviewed it and decided in favor of the buyer and refunded his money.  Far as I can tell the Buyer did not even respond.   Needless to say, I was furious.  I contacted Paypal 8 times over the next month while my account was basically on hold with a -$900.  They were courteous but worthless at helping me until today.  It has been 11 days since the Buyer was told to return the item.  He has not responded so I called Paypal twice again (#10)and demanded they close the claim.  The person I talked to  agreed and later yesterday closed it.  My account is now $0 balance and I am cancelling my account.  I will never again accept payment by PayPal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.