Ordering from Showsfox.com - Scam?

360mike
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered a couple of items after about 20 days they are still sitting there unshipped.  I feel like I may have gotten scammed.  Teach me a lesson from ordering from a site on facebook.   Anyone else ordered from showsfox.com?  Got the item?   DJI drone for 39.00 seems to good to be true..

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Saiful1965
placed my order 2 Aug for the Fly More Combo, juz received it today 28 Aug. and it's nowhere near as advertised. no extra batteries, no camera, only 2 spare blades and the whole thing is made of cheap plastic. am never ordering anything from FB sponsored adverts, lesson learnt.
Login to Me Too

G-mann67
Contributor
Contributor

How long did you wait?

Login to Me Too

yyared

Yes, a complete scam..

Same mistake, saw the advertisement on Instagram on a daily bases and after a couple of days i tried to give it a chance.

Bought a Mavrik Air, received a toy drone.  

Login to Me Too

mchoudhury
New Community Member

I ordered too..has anyone tried to get a refund through paypal? If so what is the process so I can try too. 

Login to Me Too

GerryWhite54
Contributor
Contributor

Normally, you'd need to go to Paypal's Resolution Center (or something like that) and file a claim.

FWIW - I did that, and won, EXCEPT for the fact I'm supposed to PAY to ship the crap drone to China to get my refund.

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen since shipping these days is outrageous.

Paypal let us down this time, gang...  So much for my faith in their so-called guarantee!

Login to Me Too

GadgetGuy
New Community Member

I ordered a Mavic drone and these drones is going to cost you at least a few hundred dollars up to a few thousands. I've contacted this site on multiple occasions and got a bad vibe because they don't respond in a timely manor. They also send me emails everyday stating "Seems like you left some items in your cart. Make sure to complete your purchase before you miss on a valuable opportunity." Don't click complete order, because you'll double charge yourself. I spent like 65 dollars with them. But I can afford to lose 65 dollars. Their return policy really sucks too. Only 15 days to return a un-opened box. The surprising part is... If you return it they have to analyze the item and determine whether you qualify for a refund. So my question is if you don't qualify for a refund do they send your product back? I would really like to see a video of you unboxing your item.

Login to Me Too

m0r9h3u5
Contributor
Contributor

Please don't take this wrong...

There's a lot of truth to the adage, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

When something seems too good to be true, usually it is. Luckily, PayPal usually has your back, hence the inability to complete your transaction (responding poster.) 

Next time you see this kind of "deal," take a few moments to Google (use a search engine) for more information about this company.  Chances are you will quickly see if they are just thieves trying to take your money.  

If you don't like people scamming you, or attempting to scam you, PLEASE, report the ADs as you find them on the various social sites. I bumped into this one on Twitter and reported it. 

THE MORE REPORTS, the less time it takes for them to pull the theft attempting AD. 

ALSO, reports are out that these scammers are repeating the charge on Credit/Debit Cards multiple times. You may need to cancel your cards/ checking account and get new ones, as they will charge you into the negative balance.

Login to Me Too

DanBas85
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, i fell for it and started the process of dealing with it, Hopefully paypal jumps in and just resolves it. I would really appreciate if they did so.

Login to Me Too

Alabamiji
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered this about 10 days ago I have not been able to contact anyone. They never ever responded to any of my emails. So by the end of next week I will be contacting PayPal to get my money back. It is a shame Facebook let scammers scam people but will stop me from posting facts about a subject. I wish I could sue Facebook. But that's a whole different story 😆
Login to Me Too

Rp3334
New Community Member
Yes im too If order an dij mavic For a week and i have no shiping informations
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.