Ordering from Showsfox.com - Scam?

360mike
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered a couple of items after about 20 days they are still sitting there unshipped.  I feel like I may have gotten scammed.  Teach me a lesson from ordering from a site on facebook.   Anyone else ordered from showsfox.com?  Got the item?   DJI drone for 39.00 seems to good to be true..

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Swany10200
Contributor
Contributor
I am yet another victim. I have put my claim in with payal and eagerly await my refund.
Login to Me Too

Greg63
Contributor
Contributor

Now it appears that their website is no longer active.

Login to Me Too

Davismr321
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered a pair of wireless earbuds, on August 7. I received a confirmation, almost immediately. I have tried to e-mail Showsfox a couple of times, but 21 days later I haven't seen or heard a thing!
Login to Me Too

TheBobb
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently their web site is now nowhere to be seen (someone posted about this a few days ago).  I guess they saw an opportunity and took it.  I'd still recommend filing a claim with PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

360mike
Contributor
Contributor

OP here

my advice to you is submit a claim before getting the item.   Once you get the item you will be asking to send it.  I refused to pay to send the crap back to them and Paypal closed my case in their favor.

oh and the website is back up and still scamming.   So whatever the reason the site was down it wasn't because it was force to.

Login to Me Too

TheBobb
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I put in a claim with PayPal and got their answer this morning: they want me to return the item to the seller in order to get my money returned.  I don't even know how much it'll cost to send to China (probably as much as the $39 I blew on it), but it's highly unlikely I'll go that route.  Really disappointed in PayPal now, especially given all the evidence in this thread for others who got scammed.  It's very telling how these people operate because they took down their web site a few days ago and are just modern day pirates.  I'm sure they've created another web site already to sell their crap and scam other people as well. 

Login to Me Too

GerryWhite54
Contributor
Contributor

@TheBobb wrote:

Well, I put in a claim with PayPal and got their answer this morning: they want me to return the item to the seller in order to get my money returned.  I don't even know how much it'll cost to send to China (probably as much as the $39 I blew on it), but it's highly unlikely I'll go that route.  Really disappointed in PayPal now, especially given all the evidence in this thread for others who got scammed.  It's very telling how these people operate because they took down their web site a few days ago and are just modern day pirates.  I'm sure they've created another web site already to sell their crap and scam other people as well. 

I completely agree with what you said -- disappointed in Paypal's response.  I'm supposed to pay to ship the bogus item to China?  Really?  It will probably cost almost as much as I paid for it.

So much for Paypal's promises to back me on purchases.

Login to Me Too

Charlie71
New Community Member

Hi

I ordered a Mavic pro drone from this website via PayPal and I have not received my item.

I want to lodge a claim and get my money back.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

GerryWhite54
Contributor
Contributor

Even if Paypal rules in your favor, you'll be required to ship the bogus drone to China at your expense.

With shipping rates the way they are these days, it may not be cost effective.

VERY dissapointing response on Paypal's part.

Sorry for the lousy news...

@Charlie71 wrote:

Hi

I ordered a Mavic pro drone from this website via PayPal and I have not received my item.

I want to lodge a claim and get my money back.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.