Ordered never received. Was provided a fake UPS Tracking number

cherineca7
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a watch on ETSY through PayPal. I was provided with a fake UPS Tracking number. I even checked with the PayPal associate who advised everything was fine. Never received it. Filed a dispute. The seller wont answer emails. Their store on Etsy disappeared. I then tried a claim. They denied that too! I refuse to give up. The UPS Agent advised that the delivery was not to my address and was a week before I even ordered my watch!!! I ordered thru PayPal to be protected and there is no one to speak to???? This is beyond ridiculous!!! Anyone have advise?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cherineca7 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cherineca7 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Scagglie
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue and the seller isn’t responding to any requests. How is anyone supposed to get that information?
Login to Me Too

Angelic83
New Community Member

I am currently trying to get a refund from a tent I ordered from what looked to be a legitimate website.  I used paypal thinking this was assurance as to a real transaction.  I ordered July 17th.  My 14lbs tent was "delivered to my mailbox" Aug 7th.  Mind you before It even showed that it was delivered I already had an open dispute.  Paypal assured me I would have my money back by the 13th.  I had already called USPS and was informed it was not going to my address (they could not tell me the address it was going to for privacy reasons) and also that it was sent via first class which means it is less than 130z.  All of this was stated in my dispute.  Paypal did not even read any of that information and closed my dispute based on the fact that the seller provided a tracking number!  I am beyond upset about this and can not get anywhere with paypay!  The phone number just hangs up on me and tells me to use their message service.  Message service says just file a dispute and my disputes just get closed with zero actual review!  If I don't get a refund from a purchase that was clearly a scam I will never use Paypal again.  This is the worst service I have ever dealt with and I would have to agree with another comment that Paypal itself looks to be involved in these scams. 

Login to Me Too

Nope. PayPal still denied the claim simply because the seller provided a tracking number and it says it was delivered.

Login to Me Too

Budiluv76
New Community Member
I also was involved in the same scam. And I also was denied by PayPal resolutions. After providing all of the pertinent details proving that the tracking information provided was fraud I was just informed that the seller had already received his money. The purchase date was on 4/18 the bad thing is the tracking# showed delivered on 4/17. This information was sent to me via PayPal. Now PayPal is telling me that I can't get my money back and the best thing I can do is try to get the seller to refund. Is PayPal or its employees involved in the scamming. One would say no due to the size of the company but I have doubts. The only reason to use PayPal is for the protection that they claim to provide. Well I'm in a situation where the protection is needed and where is it. Nowhere to be found like my money. Now let's think about this. Say I work for PayPal I know how, when, where, and what PayPal does and wont do. With that knowledge that employee/scammer can make way more then there meager wage as a dispute representative and they can continue this until they need no more. Since they already know how to work the system then they don't even have to worry about losing anything of their own. Man how do I get a job at PayPal. That seems like the only way for me to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

turbtom
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  I filed a claim that i didn't receive my product.  After I did this, the website disappeared, the seller can't be reached, and I get an email from paypal saying that my claim is denied because seller showed proof of delivery.  I enter this tracking number into usps tracking website, and it shows package was shipped on 4/8/20 and delivered in or at mailbox on 4/29/20.   That's not possible, I placed this order on 5/2/20 and my debit card was charged on 5/4/20.   How could it have been delivered on 4/29/20?  I called the post office and was told this tracking number was for someone else's package entirely.  I have tried every possible way to reach a physical person at paypal, it's not possible.   I tried to send message, and get a virtual assistant that tells me nothing at all.  This is clearly a fraudulent seller, I want my money back, and don't know what else I can do.  When I filed a claim, I got a denial within 5 minutes.  If they would at least enter the tracking number that was provided, they would see it's fake.  I called my bank and was told since this is paypal there's nothing they can do, as paypal supercedes their authority.  So lesson learned, never use paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@turbtom 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

turbtom
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your assistance, but doing any of those just gets you back into the automated nightmare, directing me to the help center, which can't help or the community, which is here.  I need to speak to a human being, and that seems to be impossible.  twitter and facebook don't even have a human replying, it is extremely frustrating.  It seems to me that they are using the covid situation to avoid answering for their incompetence.

Login to Me Too

jh2210
Contributor
Contributor

This has been my experience as well. Reasonable looking webstore with PayPal role a broker to secure the transaction. No response from webstore or seller about order confirmation, so I created a dispute. Seller provides a UPS tracking #, but I never received it. Oh, and yes, the shipment was an hour before my order and weighed 0.6 lbs instead of the 10 lb appliance I ordered. Paypal dispute was stunted communications via chat. Upon getting a UPS tracking # that was delivered somewhere in my city, PayPal denied my claim. However, I provided a screenshot of UPS My Choice which lists deliveries to my address. The suspect one was not present (didn't happen).

My objection is that there was no indication that the numerous shipping discrepancies and documentation were considered when my dispute was denied.

Working with UPS to get their confirmation that the tracking # provided was not shipped to my house. But, COVID and their privacy policy has been particularly unhelpful (e.g. "I see this package has been delivered; reply if you need further assistance.")

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.