Ordered items at FRAUD SCAM WEBSITE canvasn.club. NEED HELP or advice

jajm2015
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered items at canvasn.club (SCAM WEBSITE - DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING). The website is set up to simply steal credit card information and take PayPal payments. I first suspected something was wrong when I checked for my order confirmation receipts from the website, and saw I received none. I did receive PayPal payment confirmation receipts, indicating the payments went through, but these receipts do not have a description of the items purchased. I then decided to call the customer service number on the website, only to find out it was disconnected. At this time, I realized I was scammed, so, as most I think would do, I tried to contact PayPal support. PayPal support is closed due to the situation with the virus. When you call the PayPal support number, as you move through the prompts, you eventually get to a final message that say "customer service is closed". No doubt, many of you have experienced this, if you've tried to reach PayPal recently. I get it! It's a tough time for many of us, and for many businesses. PayPal is no exception. That said, let's continue: I decided to try to use the online dispute process, and found I could either choose an "item not received" or an "Unauthorized Transaction" option. I wanted to quickly get a message to PayPal, as phone support was completed shut down, so I used the "Unauthorized Transaction" option. I used this option and included a note describing that I did placed the order, but suspected the merchants/website was fraudulent...a scam. PayPal responded within 24 hours saying "We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use". I then thought, OK, I'll go back in and change the reason for the dispute, only to find 'any and all options for recourse were no longer available". Even the "item not received" option is gone. Essentially, PayPal has, at this time, shut down any and all recourse if you get scammed...at least, I certainly can't find any other way to reach them, or resolve this issue. The total cost of items was over $500, which is not a small amount for me. I typically consider PayPal the safest, but this experience is a little worrying. The lesson I've learned is to be more careful ordering online. I have to think a whole lot of people are going through the same thing, because the scam website is still up and running as of this post, and even if they take it down, I'm sure another one will pop up. Is PayPal simply shutting those customers' disputes down as well, with no recourse and no access to PayPal support? What recourse, if any, is there? Are there any useful tips you can share? I'm sure all those affected would really appreciate your help.

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

ko_wo
Contributor
Contributor

I used my mastercard through PayPal as well when buying fraudulent nonsense from Canvasn. I should have known it was a scam. Thank you for your comment, will contact Mastercard directly.

Login to Me Too

Yinp
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue with this company . Order an item at the end of April have been giving the run around . Open a case with PayPal and they kept moving the resolution date . I finally got fed up and contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge . I was to a refund will be applied within a few days . I don’t understand why PayPal can be in business with fraudulent companies.
Login to Me Too

jajm2015
Contributor
Contributor

These fraudsters really have their SCAM down. Looks like they found a way to fully exploit PayPal and PayPal users.

Login to Me Too

tank2
Contributor
Contributor
Canvasn got me for $115.80. I bought a compost bin and pail and received a 10 cent paper face mask in a small envelope. I assumed PayPal would be happy to assist. They ruled in favor of Canvasn. I have appealed their decision and have documentation with picture of what I bought and what I received. PayPal basically said you received a package so we're not paying your claim. I doubt they even looked at my documentation.
Login to Me Too

jajm2015
Contributor
Contributor

Glad you added this post. It lets everyone know that the scammers at canvasn.club will ship something to you from China (though their website has a US address), just so they can report a tracking number to PayPal or your card issuing bank. What they ship to you is irrelevant and could simply be a blank piece of paper, or an empty box. They have all their bases covered and really know how to work the system. They just sent me a tracking number, after about a month since ordering, no doubt in response to my dispute through Mastercard. Wonder what I'll get? Might not be a good idea to open it. Hopefully, there are others out there who know how to fight back and will post more helpful information.

Below is where my "surprise package" is coming from:

May 30, 2020, 12:58 am
Processed Through Facility
FUZHOU EMS, CHINA

May 30, 2020, 12:13 am
Processed Through Facility
FUZHOU, CHINA

May 29, 2020, 8:40 pm
Acceptance
CHINA

Login to Me Too

ko_wo
Contributor
Contributor

I just called Capital One and they have provided their assistance with this case: a chargeback, and credit to my account. They said they will be 'contacting the merchant' so fingers crossed things go smoothly. I'd recommend dealing directly with your credit card company instead of PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Yinp
Contributor
Contributor
I had to do the same by reaching out to my credit card company . Hopefully I can get my money back .
Login to Me Too

jajm2015
Contributor
Contributor

Here's a suggestion, if you think it's worth it: Return the paper mask they sent you to whatever the return address is, using the lowest priced shipping service, with tracking. I might do that if anything arrives at my doorstep.

Login to Me Too

joegold100
Contributor
Contributor

The cheapest shipping service to return the mask that has tracking is USPS Priority International. The cost is $36.

Login to Me Too

jajm2015
Contributor
Contributor

Another community member said $10, but I think the returned their mask using USPS First Class package international service. Wanted to let you know in case you are returning them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.