Ordered items at FRAUD SCAM WEBSITE canvasn.club. NEED HELP or advice

jajm2015
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered items at canvasn.club (SCAM WEBSITE - DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING). The website is set up to simply steal credit card information and take PayPal payments. I first suspected something was wrong when I checked for my order confirmation receipts from the website, and saw I received none. I did receive PayPal payment confirmation receipts, indicating the payments went through, but these receipts do not have a description of the items purchased. I then decided to call the customer service number on the website, only to find out it was disconnected. At this time, I realized I was scammed, so, as most I think would do, I tried to contact PayPal support. PayPal support is closed due to the situation with the virus. When you call the PayPal support number, as you move through the prompts, you eventually get to a final message that say "customer service is closed". No doubt, many of you have experienced this, if you've tried to reach PayPal recently. I get it! It's a tough time for many of us, and for many businesses. PayPal is no exception. That said, let's continue: I decided to try to use the online dispute process, and found I could either choose an "item not received" or an "Unauthorized Transaction" option. I wanted to quickly get a message to PayPal, as phone support was completed shut down, so I used the "Unauthorized Transaction" option. I used this option and included a note describing that I did placed the order, but suspected the merchants/website was fraudulent...a scam. PayPal responded within 24 hours saying "We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use". I then thought, OK, I'll go back in and change the reason for the dispute, only to find 'any and all options for recourse were no longer available". Even the "item not received" option is gone. Essentially, PayPal has, at this time, shut down any and all recourse if you get scammed...at least, I certainly can't find any other way to reach them, or resolve this issue. The total cost of items was over $500, which is not a small amount for me. I typically consider PayPal the safest, but this experience is a little worrying. The lesson I've learned is to be more careful ordering online. I have to think a whole lot of people are going through the same thing, because the scam website is still up and running as of this post, and even if they take it down, I'm sure another one will pop up. Is PayPal simply shutting those customers' disputes down as well, with no recourse and no access to PayPal support? What recourse, if any, is there? Are there any useful tips you can share? I'm sure all those affected would really appreciate your help.

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

tony502
Contributor
Contributor
I also had the same exact problem as you. PayPals website is so messed up it doesn't allow you to reopen a dispute. Sad hopefully they remain in business but I doubt this plandemic is going to uplift, wake up before it's too late your being lied too
Login to Me Too

jajm2015
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding tony502. You're right...nothing you can do through PayPal. Had to have my credit card issuer reverse the charges. If I had used my PayPal balance, instead of my credit card through PayPal, I would have probably been out $500+. WOW! PayPal has a nice little racket going. I have to think a whole lot of PayPal users who used their PayPal balance, are getting completely ripped off right now. PayPal must be making a killing keeping everyone's money, then shutting down all avenues to dispute. Lesson to learn - do not use your PayPal balance, if you can help it

Login to Me Too

JG1572
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal needs investigated by the Federal Trade Commission.  They are knowingly protecting this SCAM company after hundreds of fraud reports from the Paypal Community.  They have done nothing to stop this company from using their platform to continue to rip off consumers. They could shut them down anytime they want to, but instead they protect the scam and even side with the company in disputes when no product is received.  If you were like me and believed that Paypal would protect your purchase from fraud, you will be sadly mistaken. Contact the FTC and your congressional representative to open up an investigation of not only this scam company, but Paypal's business practices as well.

Login to Me Too

JBre
Contributor
Contributor
I got this email from PayPal a couple days ago, “To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.”
Login to Me Too

mm230
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed there too. when I got scammed I tried reaching PayPal to put a hold on the transaction after seeing all red flags. No help from PayPal end they went ahead and gave the crooks my money. I was only allowed to use the miserable chatting feature. I fail to see why they wont have customer service use phones in a time when people are shopping online more . Everyone that is is working from home are using phones. They should be no exception. Their customer service was not helpful and cared less about reading my comments to point I wondered if they were bots .This scammer has a hundred sites out there using the same residential address out. This scammer is using paypal through out his many scams sites online I mentioned this to paypal but they cared less. After miserably trying with the horrible customer service I filed a complaint with my credit card and explained everything. PayPal comes back and says now since I filed a complaint with my credit card company they wont help. Excuse me, paypal is obligated to give the my credit company all information including that numerous people that were scammed for investigation. That is Paypal duty to disclose that people behind this site are crooks located in China pretending to be based in US and have scammed many people through those sites using their services. Since PayPal are not helpful and basically said they won't help they are enablers for this scam. I have been using PayPal for years and after this incident I will never use their services again. Learned my lesson the hard way. They don't care about their customers.
Login to Me Too

therezun
Contributor
Contributor
Yes Canvasn.club! They ripped me off for about $70! Item said with the tracking they provided that it was Delivered and i have Security Cameras also, this package was never delivered! I then messaged Canvasn - its Going on 2nd day. Waiting......
Login to Me Too

Magsmom
New Community Member

I got scammed too! When I sent Canvasn.com a message inquiring about my order they sent tracking information. Their tracking information claimed my order was already delivered to my mailbox. Not true. I have been home due to pandemic, so if the package arrived I’d have known. And I have 2 dogs that definitely let us know when anyone drops off a delivery or when anyone approaches the house.  Also Canvasn claims it was put into mailbox. I ordered a 3’x5” art peace pole which wouldn’t fit into a mailbox. They Probably have the same reply to everyone...”it’s in the mailbox”.  Also, I thought I was ordering a Made in USA item from Washington state. Not. Tracking info says originated from China.   I thought PayPal is supposed to protect from such scams. Too bad. Looks like this company keeps on scamming. Wish I would have researched Canvasn ahead of time before becoming one of many who were scammed. 

Login to Me Too

soaphut
New Community Member
I had the same problem and was scammed by them as well. And PayPal has been of absolutely no help whatsoever.
Login to Me Too

jajm2015
Contributor
Contributor

Sometimes, all we can do is sound the alarm:

>>>ripoffreport.com ( Primarily targeted at US consumers, Ripoff Report is probably the world's most visited scam reporting website.
There are no China-specific categories but reports can be filed in a wide variety of circumstances)

>>> complaintsboard.com ( Complaints Board is a comprehensive consumer complaints website. Although there are no categories specific to China, their search function is very useful and many Chinese scams are reported)   

>>> ftccomplaintassistant.gov (Our readers from the US may like to consider submitting details of a Chinese scam to the Federal Trade Commission.

Complaints from consumers are used to help detect patterns of fraud and abuse.)
>>> ic3.gov ( Managed by the FBI, the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) may be a useful website for US readers to report more serious Chinese scams.)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.