Ordered a Blanket and received a Dress! SMDH

Okobojiguy
Contributor
Contributor

Two months ago, I ordered a blanket off a sponsored Facebook ad.  Today a package came and it was supposed to be the blanket, but it was a dress. Total scam, now the merchant is saying that they will refund my money if I spend my money to send the dress back to them.  I have a dispute with PayPal credit opened up. The dress came from China and I’m supposed to send the dress back to China and then they will refund me my $39. How much will it cost to send a blanket back to China? This makes no sense... any input is welcome. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Okobojiguy 

Yes, you'll have to return the item you received in order to receive a refund. PayPal won't go into moralities with you on it. Can't keep both item and money. PayPal cannot force seller to provide return shipping, nor can PayPal refund you more than what was originally paid in the dispute.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If you do not return the item, you will lose purchase protection. Purchase protection is not a guarantee, warranty or insurance so will have its limitations.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Okobojiguy
Contributor
Contributor

I don’t want the dress, but why should I have to pay my money to send something back to them I didn’t order in the first place. Shouldn’t the merchant be sending me an email with a label to print? Shouldn’t they be paying for the item to be returned ? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.