Order plus international

Grammy808
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I searched info on this company before I got suckered into purchasing a product from them.  It was advertised as a riding pony for kids but I got a blow up pony!  I emailed them but by reading the comments I will probably not get any reply.  I  thought pay pal was safe and protected its buyers from scammers like this?  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grammy808 

Paypal buyer protection is not a 100% coverall, you need to read up on it and then risk assess your own transactions.

Just like credit cards don't cover you for everything.

Paypal can't possibly vet the billions of sellers / merchants / companies that use their service but they can help you with SOME buyer protection but DO NOT buy from these.................

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

As you did do then open a dispute for item received but not as described BUT whilst paypal may find in your favour you will probably bave to return the item at your own cost first so i hope you have activated the below link to get help with this?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Also if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card (a must in my opinion) then see if they will chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Grammy808
Contributor
Contributor
But the problem is PayPal is supporting this company. Unfortunately I’ve only read the comments AFTer the fact If I had known if this I would have never bought anything. Shame in u PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.