Order placed but not completed, however Paypal have deducted the amount from my account

Cattegbica
Contributor
Contributor

Placed an order on 30th Sept, but order came up as incomplete, however Paypal have deducted the £14.99 from my account. Have contacted the seller who has not received my order. Raised a claim at the Paypal Resolution centre, who have now rejected my claim as no fraudulent activity took place. Contacted E Bay who state that Paypal had a problem for 3 hours on 30th Sept and that my money would be returned, however PayPal have rejected my claim. I know it is only £14.99, but it is the principle that is the issue here.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cattegbica 

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account???

Completed or sent?

Pending?

Pending / Unclaimed?

Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option?

And you still haven't answered my other question about was there the option to open a dispute for non receipt of item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cattegbica
Contributor
Contributor

It states completed and -£14.99 retail.

I have tried to raise to raise a non delivery complaint, but Paypal will not let me as it states that my case is completed.

I did reply in my last posting, by asking how can you raise a Non delivery complaint on an item which E bay states was not ordered.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @Cattegbica,

From the details mentioned, it would be best that you contact PayPal customer support for assistance, we may be able to help you appeal your case. To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

Ali139
Contributor
Contributor
I had exactly the same issue as i stated earlier in this thread. I have contacted paypal customer support and also provided screenshots showing that the order failed to complete. I also provided the transaction id from paypal. The person i tried to buy from never received either the order or any money yet all paypal want me to do is ring them. I have proven that no order was placed and that the money was still debited from my bank so where is my money and why isnt it just paid back?
Login to Me Too

Cattegbica
Contributor
Contributor

I also contacted the vendor who said that they had not received the order or any payment. Whilst contributors to this site are trying to be helpful, I see no point in contacting customer services as I will get exactly the same response as you and all we are doing is going around in circles.

E Bay are absolutely no help.

I have contacted PayPal via Facebook to try and get some response, but not very optimistic in getting a resolution.

Login to Me Too

Cattegbica
Contributor
Contributor

At last and by refusing to accept PayPal's rejection of my claim, I have now been told that my money will be refunded. If organisations sometimes used people to resolve issues than than BOT's perhaps this type of issue could e resolved in a speedy manner. It was not about the money but the principle of money being taken from my account for an order that was not completed.

E Bay have been less than helpful as they merely told me to get the money back from PayPal, so much for their money back guarantee.

Thanks to the contributors who posted replies to my queries.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.