Order pending for 34 days, money is being held prisoner

kp68
New Community Member

Today is 8/24.  On 7/22, I made a purchase online from Bed Bath and Beyond.  I put it on Paypal.  $379.80.

The order seemed to not go through on BBB, but was "pending" on Paypal.  So I called BBB.  They have no record of the transaction.  After 45 min. on the phone with someone in customer service, I was told that the "processing" or "resolution" (can't remember which) dept would get back to me within 48 hours.  They did NOT.  I want my money back!  I put it partially on a $225 Visa gift card that I'd transferred to Paypal.  The rest of the money was to come out of my checking account (it has not been taken out).  

I read on their Help site that pending funds will be released after 21 days.  This has been 34 days, and 23 business days.  What do I do now?  I can't find a number to call anybody.  I did a "chat" with a robot and there was no reply.

Paypal won't let me "Report as problem."  I keep getting "We're unable to process your request." 

I'm furious about this.  A $225 gift is now gone, stolen by Paypal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.