Operators

Ljlopez75
Contributor
Contributor
I need to talk to a paypal operator about an item i purchased and the shipper gave me the wrong tracking number it was somd one else...well the operator told md i had to dodnload an app the remote desk one so they could help me get to where i needed to go...be then changed my password on my oayoal accoung told me they were going to refund my money and then give me an amazon 100 gift card then proceeded to go buy my 100 gift card with my debt card...i said what are u doing he said not this is how we do it...i said i dont need to buy my self a gift card from u guys he was more upset i would give him my bank use id to log into my account then he mived my icons i said no stope we are done here ...i hung up deleted the app...this was my first time using paypal and its going to be my last....these people and the people that work there are crooks and thievs....they are ridiculous cant believe.this company and the people that work there are still in business
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ljlopez75 

Its a SCAM.

It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number OR a scammer has posted a thread in this forum.

That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them.
If you think about it why would paypal ask you to buy google vouchers or itunes cards to answer your question or issue you a refund etc?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.