Opening up a dispute with paypal for item paid with credit card via ebay.

Orchid2020
New Community Member

Today I have received a parcel of someone's car parts that should have been delivered in Yorkshire, you might wonder why it even ended up in Nottingham but the address label has fallen off the item I have ordered and covered someone elses address whilst myhermes still have my parcel in their warehouse in a big box with a missing label.

I have tried to contact the seller but she has not been very helpful, passed it back on to me to sort out even though I have sent her photos and spoken to her directly.  I cannot get hold of a person at myhermes to explain what they have done.  Their automated service cannot help with this situation but they have my item marked it as delivered on ebay and this prevents me making a claim on ebay as item not received.  I have sent a message via email to ebay and my credit card company (M&S) with photos because I am now out of pocket and possibly more if the replacement item costs me more than the missing item.

I thought I had paid via paypal as I always do for ebay purchases for the additional buyer protection but for some reason ebay automatically stored my credit card information from paypal and I was so excited when I won the auction I didn't select pay by paypal box.  I have since removed my CC info from ebay but should the claim really be done through paypal being it an ebay purchase its the same card I use for paypal?  The bank claim process takes 60 days but I don't even know if they can accept my claim as it's less than £100.  I can't even get hold of anyone at paypal due to the crisis, i've had to send them a message but no reply yet.

The situation has been a headache to resolve as you see, this is the first time something like this has happened! myhermes need to put this right and collect this persons parcel from me but I can't even contact anyone to arrange for it to be picked up for him.

Does anyone have an direct numbers with a actual person to take the call for myhermes, paypal or ebay?

Your help appreciated with this.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.