Opening a dispute for seller withholding refund for a return

Howitzer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am having some issues with opening a dispute and am getting zero help with my specific query from PayPal - I just keep getting automated messages which do not help at all, or bounced around the automated phone line.

In a nutshell, I returned an item to a seller that I paid for through PayPal. I followed all the seller's instructions for the return and have proof that the item was returned to the correct address and signed for by someone at that address. The seller is claiming that the item has not arrived and will not refund me. I have tried for nearly six weeks to resolve the issue with the seller but am getting nowhere so decided to open a dispute. 

HOWEVER, and here's the kicker, I understand that I can only open a dispute once, and the above reason for dispute is not listed in PayPal's dispute reasons, so I don't want to blow my one chance at getting my money back with a spurious dispute reason. 

Does anyone have any advice on how best to proceed? I've tried messaging and calling PayPal but to no avail. 

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.