Opened a dispute and seller claimed to have sent package.

Sjb7189
New Community Member

I made a purchase and the seller would not answer my emails.  So, I opened a dispute.  The seller responded to Paypal with the UPS tracking number which they forwarded on to me.  I checked the UPS site and it said the package was delivered yesterday (7/1)at 2:45 pm.  No it wasn't because I was here all day.  I try to file a claim with UPS and it says that I can't because the package is still in transit.  So, I tried to call UPS.....they have no customer service agents answering the phones at all...none.  I go through multiple menus and jump through hoops only to have the automated message state that they can't help me at this time.  OK...dead end.  I tried calling paypal because no one would answer the little message box when I sent a message and again, I get into the automated system and can't get to a customer service rep because when I made the purchase, I checked out as a guest and decided to make an account after the fact.  I opened a dispute but since I checked out as a guest, it does not show up in my activity or active cases.  In the automated system, it asks for the last 4 digits of the credit card but when I give them, they say that can't help me because nothing is showing up under activity.  So, I tried going through it as not having a credit card only to have the system tell me that the customer service representative cannot help me with this issue.  Any ideas here cause I am out of them.  At this point I just want a refund and be done with this mess.  The object that I purchased is suppose to weigh 35 pounds (according tot he manufacturer) but according to UPS, the package only weighed 8.2 pounds so this leads me to believe this is a scam.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.